TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: RSS Ads Suck!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Steve Rubel, Robert Scoble, and any other number of pundits will tell you that "summary" RSS feeds suck. I understand their positions, really I do. There's just one problem--despite what some folks would have you believe, the world has not universally drunk the RSS Kool-Aid. And personally, despite the assurances of Dave Winer that RSS 2.0 is the be-all and end-all of syndication formats, some folks are still waiting for the polls to close. (Warning to those sensitive to syndication standard politics--following any of those links for too long will inevitably lead to you being flamed by someone. Probably Dave Winer.)

Here's the deal, folks: page impressions are still king. RSS ads are like print ads--buying one is an act of faith, because you have no idea whether anybody will look at them or not...

full article: http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/buzzword-com.../6197.aspx
Quote:some folks are still waiting for the polls to close.

Hello  It's still too early to vote.  Today RSS advertising sucks but will it tomorrow?
Quote:buying one is an act of faith

I'm interested in selling space on my RSS feeds not buying space on someone else's feed.  Tongue