TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: CPV (Cost-per-View) Advertising Explained...Adware By Any Other Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An explanation of how annoying invasive CPV advertising (adware pop ups/pop unders) works.  CPV is not an advertising method I'd recommend using.

Quote:Demystified: Simply put, Cost-Per-View (CPV) is a search-based site view. In other words, CPV is an entire or partial site view that either pops-under or pops-over the current browser (the type of pop depends on the software/adware on your computer). Many companies provide variations of site views...

Layman: OK, I've seen that stuff show up when I'm searching. How is it doing that?
Demystified: CPV's functionality is similar to that of Paid Search. An advertiser submits a set of predetermined keywords - prequalifying leads through careful keyword selection and strategic keyword bid management. When a search is made, an advertiser's website/landing page will appear when the search query or URL string matches the advertiser's list of predefined terms. CPV eliminates a crucial step in paid advertising - the actual click (CTR). In essence, CPV is a forced click whereby an advertisement is displayed regardless of the user's intentions.

full article: http://searchviews.com/archives/2006/03/...ing_cp.php