TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: EBay Makes Sellers Pay for Using PayPal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:EBay has implemented a policy that seems aimed at eliminating the use of personal PayPal accounts for collecting funds on EBay transactions. As a result, EBay sellers must pay the standard PayPal credit card fee even when buyers pay with funds from their own PayPal account.

"For a long time, I found EBay a valuable service," a reader recently wrote. "I don't have a huge history, but I've done over a hundred transactions since 1998, buying more than selling. And I've been happy to use what became EBay's PayPal service in helping process my transactions. This is about to change for me. I posted four auctions recently, and within less than 24 hours, all had been removed. I was clueless as to why, until I received an e-mail from EBay."

The e-mail informed him that his auctions had been taken down because he stated in them that he accepted PayPal only for non-credit card payments...

A spokesperson for EBay and PayPal told me that EBay first implemented this policy in August of last year. "...

The EBay spokesman says that the policy applies only on Ebay, so PayPal personal account users are free on other sites to state that they will not accept credit cards...

full article: http://weblog.infoworld.com/foster/2006/03/06_a371.html

They never told sellers the credit card policy is only on EbaY.