TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MySpace Classifieds to compete with eBay, Craigslist, CareerBuilder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article on MySpace Classifieds:

Quote:Popular social network MySpace might soon take classifieds advertising to a new level. Apparently, the company is going to expand its classifieds efforts. It's also toying with the idea of allowing the site's users to swap and sell items to each other, according to the company's recent presentation at a Merrill Lynch conference.

Effectively, MySpace will compete with eBay, newspapers and sites like Craigslist.com and CareerBuilder.com, offering job classifieds. This is happening just as newspapers have managed to get a somewhat solid grip on the classifieds market, which was, for a while, slipping away from them and going to online-only outfits.

I think MySpace can be a formidable competitor in classifieds...

full article: http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/t...g_techbeat

related topics with mention of MySpace Classifieds:
Social Networking Site TagWorld to Add Free Member Stores, Classifieds
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...537.0.html
Shopping Comparison Site Become.com Offers New Retailers 30 Days of Free Clicks
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...520.0.html
I'm getting a few classified sales from here. I've had a number of MySpace buyers make repeat purchases from my site.

I'm also receiving a fair number of click-throughs to my site from my MySpace blog.  Conversions for MySpace clicks are way lower than Shopzilla or Yahoo Shopping  Lol
We're registered but haven't set anything up yet. Maybe it's time to at least set our blog up.  Happy3
The blogs work well.  Minimal time spent and customer acquisition for free.  What more could you want.  Lol
I'm going to get on MySpace.

Hell my kid and my dog already have a presents and a good following.

So I might as well too.

Anything for FREE SEO. Laughing7
I signed up as an 19 year old with a fake name just to jerk my kids' chains.  They are soooooo afraid they may chat with me by mistake.  Icon_biggrin
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2987.msg13278#msg13278 date=1146440199]
I signed up as an 19 year old with a fake name just to jerk my kids' chains.  They are soooooo afraid they may chat with me by mistake.  Icon_biggrin
[/quote]

Like this guy?  No more cyber for this guy

Laughing7  You're terrible.
You are SICK!
ROFL I ran into that one fun filled afternoon watching pointless videos on the net.  I got a good laugh out of that one.  I wonder how often that kind of thing really happens.  :o
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=2987.msg13282#msg13282 date=1146441922]
ROFL I ran into that one fun filled afternoon watching pointless videos on the net.  I got a good laugh out of that one.  I wonder how often that kind of thing really happens.  :o
[/quote]

That isn't a thought I want to entertain.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2