TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Businesses Manipulating Del.icio.us with Spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I frequently look for good business news by looking at what people are tagging with business. I can find this out by frequently going to Del.icio.us/tag/business. Today, I noticed someone had tagged something for Hoodia. I have no idea what Hoodia does and I don't care. I just know that every website I run gets spammed with Hoodia crap. I thought to myself "what kind of weirdo is tagging Hoodia sites," so I clicked on arctic99's profile and was surprised to see that all he tagged was Hoodia sites. Not only that, but he tagged the same damn site over and over...

I thought I would point it out because the more we move towards "wisdom of crowds" business models, the more we will have to deal with this type of thing.

full article: http://www.businesspundit.com/50226711/m...icious.php

Just like Alexa ratings and search engine rankings (through black hat SEO) can be manipulated, the new social networking ratings systems of sites like de.licio.us and digg are open to the same abuse.  :Smile