TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Zooomr: 17-year-old creates site with more features than Flickr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Flickr has some catching up to do

Kristopher Tate walked Brian Oberkirch and me through a demo of his zooomr project at a meetro party last week (Kris, who’s 17, works full time at meetro and zooomr is a side project). He launched zooomr on March 1, 2006 after working on it for only three months or so. And what he’s built is a flickr on steroids.

Zooomr has a similar interface as flickr but does a lot more. You can choose to create an account or just use one of five other credentials to set up an account (Level9, OpenID, LiveJournal, Google (Gmail) or Meetro. The functionality is the same. Zooomr also offers the site in 15 languages.

The real benefit of zooomr is the wide variety of metadata that can be associated with a photo...

full article: http://techcrunch.com/2006/03/11/flickr-...-up-to-do/
Am I psychic or what! I was thinking to myself "building a better mousetrap is nice, but does he have VC backing to build the infrastructure he'll need?".  After that thought crossed my mind I clicked over to Zooomr and lo and behold:

Quote:Due to really high-volume traffic from around the world, Zooomr is now being moved to a bigger data center.

Thanks for your interest in Zooomr, we hope to be back up as soon as possible and apologize for any inconveniences.

The site is owned by his company BlueBridge Technologies and isn't incorporated yet.  I'll take that to mean no VC yet either.  Smart kid, this is Web (BUBBLE) 2.0 so someone will cough up the funding.