TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Best Offer Now Has Counter Offer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yippee best offer is here and now has counter offer.

Must be because all of us in special little groups (sheep herds)
never complained about anything and are so special.

This is wonderful.  Now I can set my lowest price get a "best offer" even lower.
I can think about it, and lower my already
lowest price just a little with a "counter offer" and make an ebay sale.

Yippee yippee ebay I love you. Now hopefully I'll get enough best offers
and go a bit lowere to cover
my store fees and  Smileykoolaid this month.

Puke

These people are truly  Smileybrainwashed
We don't use it.  If we can sell an item for x dollars on the web we're not going to lower it to (x-1) dollars so it will sell on eBay.  I don't want to waste time haggling back and forth about price either--the price is what's marked--if someone wants it for less they can wait until we have a sale like they would in any other store.

Edit:  I'll reconsider my stance on Best Offer when Amazon and my grocery store reconsider their stances on best offers  Smile
I don't use it either.
That's what I Offer is for. LOL

I don't want to waste my time haggling back and forth about price either.

I probably shouldn't have brought it up.
Because obviously some people feel the need to use it.

I just wanted to make fun of the happy happy  Smileykoolaid sipping crowd
that now seem to have gain control back of the stores board.

I've been lurking around the stores boards and
sometimes it just makes me sick to see so many
are still so in the dark and being mislead by die hard evangelists.  :Smile
I wonder if eBay is going to start accepting Best Offers for listing fees?? Smile
I don't mind the bestoffer dealy.  I tried it this xmas and only got one sale from it, tho.  Also got a couple of dingbat offers, too.  One I ignored, the other I politely declined.  Works for some, I guess.
The idea of counter offers certainly has merit, in the real world anyway. On ebay? I dunno. Personally, I can't imagine a hell worse than spending my days going back and forth quibbling about a price, using ebay's messaging system, fighting glitches, while the clock keeps ticking.
I don't care if eBay has it or not.  I am one of those dorks that either pay the price or move on... no matter what I am buying.  I have to agree with Bob... the odds of it actually working on eBay is another story.
Leman Parker just posted that eBay will allow up to THREE counter offers.  It is just being rolled out and is not available in all categories.

On a side note, I see she has joined the Postcards following.  Too funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny... considering she is one that OFTEN whines about the negativity!!!  Big Grin
Three counteroffers?
Good gawd.
Like I said obviously some people feel the need to use it.

To me that may indicate that their sales are tanking
and in desperation, are now willing to accept less than opening price
and spend god knows how much more time and effort for less money.

The mentality of some of ebay's diehard fans never ceases to amaze me.
Pages: 1 2