TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What is AdWords Starter Edition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Starter Edition is a simplified version of AdWords for new users.

New users have sometimes asked us for a fast way to create and run an ad with just the most basic campaign choices. Starter Edition is the answer.

Starter Edition lets users create an AdWords account with a single ad, using a one-page signup form. Users write their ad, target locations and keywords, and choose a currency and monthly budget. Once their account is activated, the ad starts running. The user's account page is also simplified, showing key information for each keyword and allowing simple changes to the ad and the account. The Google Budget Optimizer automatically determines when to show your ad to earn the most clicks possible within your monthly budget.

Starter Edition is an excellent way to get your ad up and running when you want to deliver a single message to a specific audience. It does come with limitations: only text ads and keyword targeting are allowed, and only one ad is possible. Advanced features like conversion tracking, multiple campaigns and Ad Groups, are only available with the full-featured AdWords Standard Edition. The good news is, you can graduate from the Starter Edition to Standard Edition any time you like. Both versions of AdWords cost nothing extra -- after a nominal setup fee, you pay only for the ads you run.

Here are some common questions about AdWords Starter Edition:

Can I create more than one ad? Not with Starter Edition. Only one ad is allowed, though you can edit or update that ad at any time. To run more than one ad at once, you should graduate to Standard Edition.

Can I run image ads or animated ads with Starter Edition? Sorry, no. Starter Edition supports only text ads.

more info: https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/a...swer=31756&ctx=sibling
comparison chart of AdWords Starter and AdWords Standard: https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/a...swer=31774

A related article:

Quote:AdWords Starter Hints At Local Focus

The AdWords team has created a simplified version of the advertising service called AdWords Starter Edition aimed at its newest users who wish to create a single campaign easily; this may be part of Google's focus on the growing local search market...

The AdWords Starter Edition provides limited targeting for the text ads created by its new users. That basic targeting permits the advertiser to focus on one specific location, like a country or a single city.

full article: http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnew...Focus.html
Trying to dumb down ad words?
It won't work.

Google adwords are already saturated in the dumbest share of the market:
"buy Patriot Act on eBay now!"

Bitter??? Moi???

Yeah, I spent $60  so they could send me one $25 sale, TYVM.
I definitely think the text-only AdWords ads are losing their effectiveness (i.e. click through rates are decreasing) which is why Google is trying out new ad types.  Banner ads worked great in 1998 but by 2000 had already stopped being an effective way to advertise...AdWords are going the same way.

Quote:Google adwords are already saturated

Google is doing a great job of shooting itself (or at least the reputation of AdWords) in the foot with its AdSense for (Parked) Domains program...not to mention all of the affiliate sites and blog spammers that exist solely to run AdSense.