TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ShopWiki and the new breed of crawler based shopping comparison engines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=eliot link=topic=3274.msg12352#msg12352 date=1144962294]
ShopWiki actively crawls more than 120,000 stores to ensure consumers find the best product and price available. However, our crawlers periodically scan the Internet, searching more than 300,000 Web sites, to find more stores and to ensure we only show results from true retail outlets.[/quote]

After browsing ShopWiki a few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my initial doubts about how relevant the results would be were wrong, and that everything listed is in fact an actual retailer...while i was there I also submitted one of our stores (the others had already been found and listed by ShopWiki's crawler).

As far as using Wikis instead of customer reviews a la Amazon--I'm still undecided as a shopper which is more useful.
Wikis in my opinion could be abused by both manufacturers and merchants if they're not closely monitored.
Pages: 1 2