TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: This Week's Boinktard of the Week Award Winners: Auxions.com and BidWhale.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That can't be.  I'm sure there's more security in place for a site that has

Quote:probably close a $1/4 million in merchandise listed {if not more}!

Of course, blubberboy has promised that there won't be shill bidding of any type on his site.  Those three pages of high-end vehicles listed for $100 must be completely legitimate listings.  Christianscammer must be a legitimate buyer, very intersted in buying lots of vehicles that are poorly described in listings on a poorly built website built by a man who used to endorse the selling of  "empty" prescription bottles on eBay.
Did you post this info to his post at the other place?  I haven't checked.  It will be interesting to see how he explains it.

"BlubberBoy"... rotfl!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=341.msg1436#msg1436 date=1126369272]
Did you post this info to his post at the other place?  I haven't checked.  It will be interesting to see how he explains it.[/quote]

Tthe last post in the bluewhale thread on FAS is by a 1-post "friend" of bluewhale's  who said

Quote:Let face it, after reading through a bunch of the posts in concerning this Topic, just not yours, I have come to the conclusion that your wasting your time trying to promote anything here. This is a PRO Epay site.

:Smile :Smile :Smile

bluewhale seems to be getting some signups from his posts on PSU which isn't surprising...
Sites like that do get sign ups in the beginning from their spamming all over the place on forums and/or emails and people sign up out of curiosity but most of the time those people who sign up tend to disappear after a few short months.  They try to stick it out but usually after a few months they see that they are putting all that time and energy into listing and even chit chatting on their boards but still either no sales or one very, very few to make it worth staying. 

So yes, bidwhale may have the signups now, but how many of those people will be active say a year from now? Very few I bet.
"a PRO Epay site."

Those are some fighting words!!  Smileykoolaid
... and the discussion on BidWhale's failure to remove bids placed by a NARU'd user begins on PSU.

Quote:a copy of my last post on PSU:

http://www.bidwhale.com/cgi-bin/auction....id_history&item=231126350808

Quote:Dimetree (0) (Mon Aug 29 17:22:08 2005) $6706.00 [Proxy Bid]
Lasalamandra (0) (Mon Aug 29 17:27:22 2005) $7801.00
Dimetree (0) (Tue Aug 30 16:21:39 2005) $8001.00
Cristianbuyer (0) (Tue Aug 30 21:15:01 2005) $9000.00
Dimetree (0) (Tue Aug 30 21:15:01 2005) $9001.00 [Proxy Bid]
Cristianbuyer (0) (Tue Aug 30 21:16:17 2005) $10500.00
Dimetree (0) (Tue Aug 30 21:16:17 2005) $10501.00 [Proxy Bid]
Lasalamandra (0) (Fri Sep 9 11:52:11 2005) $11000.00
Dimetree (0) (Fri Sep 9 11:52:11 2005) $11001.00 [Proxy Bid]
Lasalamandra (0) (Fri Sep 9 11:54:58 2005) $11000.00
Dimetree (0) (Fri Sep 9 11:54:58 2005) $11001.00 [Proxy Bid]

Note that despite the buyer being "not a registered user" and the owner's claims that the buyer was a scammer, BidWhale has chosen to let the NARU'd user's bids remain rather than removing the 2 bids as should have been done.

These 2 active bids by a NARU'd user bumped the price of the vehicle up by $2500 when you take into consideration the automatic proxy bids they triggered. The bidder/scammer is NARU...but the bids remain, and as a result the eventual winner will pay several thousand dollars more than they would have paid if these 2 illegitimate bids had been removed.

In addition, anyone who bids on the other 3 auctions that this NARU'd user is still showing as the high bidder on will be paying a higher price for their auto than they should be paying....and since these 3 auctions are being sold by BidWhale's owner...guess who will get the benefit of the winner paying this higher price?

The fact that BidWhale is allowing this to happen to its buyers and has not removed the bids placed by this NARU'd user is unbelievable.
Not related to the 2 boinktard sites, but a boinktard nevertheless:

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about1986.html

Quote:TRIXIECRACKER.COM - Better than eBay and Amazon
...Trixiecracker.com is launching an online marketplace that is better than Amazon and eBay. Check it out - they're charging less fees and planning to...

a couple of my pet peeves:

1. the "we're better/an alternative/the next ebay" statement that so many forum spamming sites feel the need to make

2.  no privacy policy.  the 1-page pre-launch web site asks people to enter their email address but doesn't contain a privacy policy

3. the big big pet peeve: a poster pretending to be a 3rd party or friend of the site when in fact they're the owner.  The user ID of this poster on PSU is salmonz...the WHOIS records show that the last name of the administrative contact for the domain is Salmons.  Why is it so hard for many new site owners to just be honest and say "This is my site"?

Thank you for listening to my (latest) rant.  Big Grin
BidWhale Wrote:I started with a $15 per year host and a $10 script. Everything looked promising as we had new users everyday and sales taking place. I have upgraded to support this new growth

to a $69 script.  :Smile

In corner A: a goliath Gen010 with billions of dollars  In corner B: delusional ebay seller Gen010  with a total lack of knowledge about running a web site who thinks an investment of under $100 on a cheap script and an even cheaper host  is enough to make his site a contender that buyers and sellers will flock to .

If it was possible to spend less than $100 and challenge a fortune 500 company, I'd be rushing to the store to buy a couple of cell phones so I could call myself the next Verizon.  :twistedevil:
Amy Wrote:If it was possible to spend less than $100 and challenge a fortune 500 company

Oh but it is...at least according to BidWhale's press release (issued on a free press release service last month):

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/2...09035.html

Quote:All Online Auction Sites are having their thrones challenged by a Fresh New & Free Auction House that has employed superb customer satisfaction to compete with all known online auction sites including Live Deal and Ebay inc. BidWhale.com has arrived on the online auction scene with a business plan that threatens Ebay's hold on online auctions....

:Smile

EDITED to add: BidWhale still hasn't removed the fake bids placed by the NARU'd user...how that failure to protect the site's buyers will lead to "supurb customer satisfaction" is a mystery.

Amy and Todd,
Do you two ever have discussions at home?  Headbang

To Amy Only,
If it was possible to spend less than $100 and challenge a fortune 500 company, I'd be rushing to the store to buy a couple of cell phones so I could call myself the next Verizon.

Can I write your advertising logo?
"Can you hear me, Boinktard?"

Boinktard... that just cracks me up. 
Pages: 1 2 3