TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A New Twist on Viral Marketing: Consumers Write Their Own Commercials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:On March 13, Chevrolet introduced a Web site allowing visitors to take existing video clips and music, insert their own words and create a customized 30-second commercial for the 2007 Chevy Tahoe. In theory, the company was hoping visitors to its Web site would e-mail their own videos around the world, generating interest for the Tahoe through what is known as viral marketing.

"There's this gold rush fever about consumer-generated content," Drew Neisser, president and chief executive of Renegade Marketing said. "Everybody wants to have consumer-generated content, and Chevy Tahoe doesn't want to be left behind."...

User-generated content is a favorite of companies like JetBlue Airways, Sony and Chrysler that are seeking to reach young, technology-savvy consumers who will spread their marketing messages around the Web...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/9klFJqni...-Ads.xhtml
Quote:However, the videos that were circulated most widely like the commercial that attacked the SUV for its poor fuel economy may not be what Chevy had in mind.

The possibility of negative advertising is why I won't try user generated ads.  My competitors would jump at the chance to make anti-me ads if I tried it.  Lol