TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bargainbloodhound and Mandy End 8 Years of Resistance to FreeBSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=327.msg1303#msg1303 date=1126087031]
We once paid an extra $150 so we wouldn't have to use BSD on our first server...so...I'm not going. I'll stick with Linux.  Smile
[/quote]

Famous last words.  It only took 8 years to get Bargainbloodhound and Mandy to capitulate.  A dual processor Xeon 3.0ghz hyperthreading server running FreeBSD 5.4 joins the 5 Linux servers in our rack on Monday.  Toothy9  Toothy10 Toothy9
We only said yes so you'd Stfu
Quote:Famous last words.  It only took 8 years to get Bargainbloodhound and Mandy to capitulate.  A dual processor Xeon 3.0ghz hyperthreading server running FreeBSD 5.4 joins the 5 Linux servers in our rack on Monday

Did I say Monday, I meant Tuesday.  Laughing7
Tuesday...would that be the day you forgot about CURL and mod_perl support when you compiled Apache???

Wednesday...would that be the day I recompiled Apache?  Thpppt!!!!! Yellowtonguerazz
5.4 and not 6.0?  :chicken3:
[quote author=rose link=topic=3301.msg12251#msg12251 date=1144822788]
5.4 and not 6.0?  :chicken3:
[/quote]
:nbiteme: I'll take stability over buggy cutting edge any day on a web server. The new server is replacing a 4-year-old one running verrrry stable RedHat 7.3 Yellowtonguerazz
Production servers only run stable OS branches in my little world,  ;D
Well I'm so very proud of all of you!
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=3301.msg12313#msg12313 date=1144906756]
Well I'm so very proud of all of you!
[/quote]

Don't be.  A certain boinktard had problems adapting to BSD and called up the data center in LA at 1 am last Sunday and told the tech on duty to install CentOS on the server. One hour later the server was running Linux.  Angryfire
Laughing7