TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Buyer vows I’m never going to use eBay again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3312.msg12084#msg12084 date=1144556022]
Hijack

Bob,
Even if I didn't "know" you, the feedback about you cussing out a 9 year old makes the one that left it look like the idiot... not you.

[/quote]

Naturally, she's NARU now. That would be such an easy rule to implement; removing negs from NARUed psychobitches. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Anyway, I kinda like having it there now. But the process of buying and selling there has become way too labor intensive for my taste.

When my wife informed the seller of the difficulties she was having paying, she emailed back that she hears that a lot. It's not like she has any fancy checkout system. Just normal ebay/PayPal procedures. What a chore it's become just to buy something there for newbies. First impressions are important.
Quote:What a chore it's become just to buy something there for newbies. First impressions are important.

I wonder what type of first impression eBay Express will have on the newbies eBay is trying to attract?

One of my biggest complaints with eBay as a buyer is sellers who don't communicate at all after the sale. That won't change with Express.  When I buy on Amazon, I know when the product ships and I receive a tracking number.  I don't like guessing whether the seller received my payment or not knowing if the item shipped.

The problems the article writer experienced with item not as described/knockoffs won't change either on Express.

Quote:I couldn't resist:

Sooshiscorner and others are popping out of the woodwork to blame the victim on that thread :Smile but entirely missing the point of why many buyers don't buy on eBay.  If I was buying a designer item at Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Tiffany's etc. I wouldn't need to worry about whether it was authenticate.

What reason is there for me as a buyer to take the risk of buying a designer item at a place (where according to several different reports) there is a better than 50% chance that designer item will be a knockoff?  None.

Instead of blaming the victim, they should blame eBay for its failure to do more to fight the counterfeit problem on its site.  The counterfeit problem on eBay hurts legitimate sellers just as much as it hurts buyers.
Quote: The counterfeit problem on eBay hurts legitimate sellers

One reason I stopped selling on Ebay is because many buyers regard sellers as crooks until proven honest.  I wanted to distance my business from that environment.

The main reason I left was fees. I was able to hire an employee with the money I'm saving by not feeding the Ebay piggy bank.  Snorting
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=3312.msg12115#msg12115 date=1144609290]One reason I stopped selling on Ebay is because many buyers regard sellers as crooks until proven honest.  I wanted to distance my business from that environment. [/quote]

So true! Mention ebay and your business reputation automatically takes a hit.

Quote:The main reason I left was fees. I was able to hire an employee with the money I'm saving by not feeding the Ebay piggy bank.  Snorting

Everyone talks about how cheap it is to do business on ebay. I don't know where they're getting their facts and figures from.
Mannnnny people are missing the point of the buyer's story.  Oh well.  I tried.
Quote:So true! Mention ebay and your business reputation automatically takes a hit.

Definitely.  There are a lot of people who still associate eBay selling with someone having a garage sale, and then there are all of the other things that lower the image people have of eBay and its sellers: fraud/counterfeits, eBay's constant stressing of the words bargain and cheapest...and let's not forget about the damage the front page featured ads for "lose 75 lbs in 2 weeks" , "grow your member" did before eBay finally banned them.

I think they're trying to get away from that image with Express, but as XPP said having the word eBay in Express's name is going to make that hard/if not impossible to do.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3312.msg12123#msg12123 date=1144614293]
...and let's not forget about the damage the front page featured ads for "lose 75 lbs in 2 weeks" , "grow your member" did before eBay finally banned them.

[/quote]

Oh, YOU, of all people, have a lot of room to talk! I'm trying HARD to grow my member on GBB. I started out a "little member," now I'm a "full member." What's next? "Erupted member?"
Quote:Oh, YOU, of all people, have a lot of room to talk! I'm trying HARD to grow my member on GBB. I started out a "little member," now I'm a "full member." What's next? "Erupted member?"

No, I believe the next stage is "Shrunken Member".
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3312.msg12121#msg12121 date=1144614131]
Mannnnny people are missing the point of the buyer's story.  Oh well.  I tried.
[/quote]

Dimsey seemed to get the buyer's point, but the eBay Live attendee who said this definitely didn't:

Quote:So sorry but I just am not moved my someone who complains about being ripped off by the scam bag sellers on Ebay.
Pages: 1 2 3