TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Providing Too Much Customer Service Can Drive Away Customers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Being too attentive to your customers can drive them away:

Quote:Technology has enabled us to reach out to customers in ways we never could before. We have detailed reports covering what individual customers do, how they interact with our companies (over multiple channels), and if they're on our Web site at this very moment (and if so, what they're looking at). Yet our CRM  strategies haven't evolved along with the technology. With great technological power comes an even greater customer contact strategy responsibility...

It's fantastic to really understand our customers. We can track their behavior and provide information that's relevant, timely, and important. But there's an art to that science. We need business rules that don't smother our customers with customer service. Some companies (like two of those mentioned above) actually drive away customers because of their customer service...

full article: http://www.clickz.com/experts/crm/traffi...hp/3596896
I hate stores where the salesperson hovers over me amd I hate web sites where a live chat window pops up asking if I want help. Tongue2 If I need help I'll ask, otherwise please leave me alone when I'm shopping.  Smile
Ohhhh . . . I had that happen to me not long ago.  A live chat opened with a sales person asking to help me.  I clicked out of there FAST.  I HATE that.  Does ANYONE like that?  It was awful!
When Overstock Auctions added live chat last year they had the chat window timer set to open after you were on a page for 30 seconds.  Their web designers also messed up and made the chat window very large--I think it was 400x400.  It was beyond awful.  They fixed both problems quickly because of all the complaints from buyers and sellers.
Quote:When Overstock Auctions added live chat last year

BangHead Angryfire BangHead Angryfire BangHead Angryfire BangHead