TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why Online Shoppers Are More Likely to Buy From Amazon than Wal-Mart.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: More than 85% of consumers now research and/or purchase big ticket items such as electronics and automobiles online—and 63% are more likely to purchase from a site if it offers ratings and review...

Competitive prices, detailed product descriptions, ease of use and good customer service were, in order, deemed the most important features to consumers when determining from which of the sites to purchase. A broad selection, the ability to compare products, clear photos and a well known brand also were cited by a majority of consumers, followed by product ratings on the site, and customer reviews. Rounding out the list of factors influencing purchase were, in order, guidance on choosing a product, past familiarity with the site, expert advice and lastly, an in-store pickup option.

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18215
As most know, I wouldn't buy a pencil from Wal-Mart. 

I purchase from Amazon because there are usually no shipping fees and never taxes to pay. 
I get points when using my Amazon cc that gives me even more FREE merchandise from Amazon.  I run EVERYTHING through that cc so I can shop even more at Amazon.  Be sure and pay it off every month!  The Amazon cc is through Chase.  That is the downside.  They send snail mail and call on a weekly basis.  No exaggeration!!! 
Amazon has customer service.
Amazon ships quickly.
Returns are trouble free.
I was verrrrry nervous when buying a 50" plasma tv from Amazon.  I never spent that much money online before.  All went well in the end.
Of all the places to shop online, I have to say my best experiences are at Amazon. 
My best experiences were at Kosmo.com and UrbanFetch...both long since closed.  Crybaby2  Now I'm forced to settle for Delivery.com. Hmm, I detect a BBH is too lazy to pick up the phone to order food theme here.  Smile

My favorite non-food delivery site is probably Amazon too (in the 90's my favorite was the now closed OnSale auction site).  I'll sometimes order from barnesandnoble.com instead of Amazon  because they offer same day delivery in Manhattan (for the same rates as UPS ground).

I think the product reviews on Amazon definitely enhance the shopping experience.

My worst shopping experiences are definitely at eBay: I'm too impatient for auctions or chasing sellers after the auction to get shipping/payment details, I never know if the item will be as described, 1/2 the sellers I've bought from don't communicate after the sale, etc., etc.  Tongue2
There are a few products I buy at Wal Mart for the production of my goods and such.

They see me coming too. Because I walk smartly, 
push people and baskets out of my way, 
go right to what I need and hit the check out counter.

I can usually be in and out of a Wal Mart in under ten minutes.

Ever since old Sam died and Wal Mart set up sweat shops in China
I just lost all the love.

Wal Mart Sux.
Quote:Competitive prices, detailed product descriptions, ease of use and good customer service were, in order, deemed the most important features to consumers when determining from which of the sites to purchase. A broad selection, the ability to compare products, clear photos and a well known brand also were cited by a majority of consumers, followed by product ratings on the site, and customer reviews. Rounding out the list of factors influencing purchase were, in order, guidance on choosing a product, past familiarity with the site, expert advice and lastly, an in-store pickup option.

I'm easy (shutup peanut gallery).  I'll agree with all of that. I prefer Amazon too.

Quote:I'm easy (shutup peanut gallery).  I'll agree with all of that. I prefer Amazon too.

Well then, they are looking for loung lizards on this thread:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000101769&tstart=0&mod=1144802984372

Quote: I'll agree with all of that. I prefer Amazon too.

I prefer my store.  Icon_biggrin