TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Wikipedia's Friendly Admins Allowing Link Spamming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I recently witnessed someone at Wikipedia.org placing dozens of links to his own website. It’s not all that unusual for someone to place a link to their own website on the Wikipedia site, but generally the links get removed. The unusual facts of this case are the amount of links placed, dozens, and the fact that those links led to pages filled with unorginal content. So, I thought I’d follow the story, and write up an article on how to successfully publish content you’ve copied from other sources and get Wikipedia to link to it.

The first thing I did was place a couple of links to my own site on a handful of those pages, to see what admin would come out of the woodword. I got GraemeL. So, I posted a message to him asking why he removed my link, but not the dozens that the other guy listed. You can find that conversation here. This brief exchange resulted in GraemeL removing the dozens of links the other guy placed. End of story, right? Nope...

full article: http://www.petertdavis.net/176-wikipedia...-to-guide/
The link does not go to the mentioned article - perhaps the site has changed.

But i spent a half hour on the site anyway - the guy has some good things to say.