TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Meg Spends Her Days In a Little Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:When Meg Whitman joined eBay in 1998 as its president and chief executive officer, she promptly moved into a cozy . . . cubicle.

That's right, the head of the giant online marketplace is a cube dweller, just like everyone else at the company.

"My secretary's cube is the same size as mine," Whitman said Tuesday after being named executive of the year by Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business Dean's Council of 100...

full article: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic...z0412.html

By coincidence, a charity auction to benefit Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business is being held April 7-15 on eBay.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userId=asuwpcarey
Quote:When Meg Whitman joined eBay in 1998 as its president and chief executive officer, she promptly moved into a cozy . . . cubicle.

Well, there you go.  That certainly explains the entire Dilbert-like mentality there.

But seriously, how much time do you really think she spends in her office, if it`s just a cubicle...  :Smile
Maybe it was her box the guy was selling on eBay!!!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3348.msg12261#msg12261 date=1144845198]
Maybe it was her box the guy was selling on eBay!!!
[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the title of this thread.
Great minds think alike.

Happy001
Tongue2
Quote:"My secretary's cube is the same size as mine," Whitman said Tuesday after being named executive of the year by Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business Dean's Council of 100...

"All 1200 square feet of it!" (Hey, they never said how BIG the cube was). LOL.
Nice title.  Smile
Quote:"My secretary's cube is the same size as mine,"

What about her salary?  Smileykoolaid
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3348.msg12286#msg12286 date=1144880825]
Quote:"My secretary's cube is the same size as mine,"

What about her salary?  Smileykoolaid
[/quote]

Shhhh! You're not supposed to mention things like salary when a billionaire is telling their "I'm just like everyone else.  I don't even have an office" story.  BTW, NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg likes to tell the same story about his media company Bloomberg.