TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: I think I am going to PUKE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
***Responding to Hurricane Katrina***

September 09, 2005 | 02:51PM PST/PT

Like many of you, people here at eBay have struggled to comprehend the crisis that’s unfolding in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. This disaster is upsetting for all of us – millions of lives have been affected, including many thousands of eBay Community members in the region. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

We’ve given a lot of thought to how eBay and our Community can make an impact on relief efforts in the affected areas. I want to give you update on what we’re doing, and how you can join in.

To assist the eBay Community directly, we’ve set aside $1 million which we’re putting into the hands of eBay business owners in the region. From talking with a number of them, we know that some were very fortunate and suffered minimal impact, while others were devastated. Within the next few days, we’ll deposit $1,000 into the PayPal accounts of our top 1,000 sellers who reside in the affected areas. They can either use these funds to help get back on their feet or – if their needs are met – we’ll ask them to share this money with others in their local community, either directly or through local or regional charity organizations. They know best what their community needs, so we’ll rely on them to make these dollars work as hard as possible. And we believe that getting these funds to them via PayPal will enable evacuees to access it faster.

eBay doesn't do ANYTHING out of the goodness of their heart.  IMHO

Quote:Within the next few days, we’ll deposit $1,000 into the PayPal accounts of our top 1,000 sellers who reside in the affected areas. They can either use these funds to help get back on their feet

Dazed008
Quote:top 1,000 sellers

What does that mean?  Is it for the highest feedback sellers or the ones who lost everything?
They are going to deposit $1,000 into the PayPal accounts of their "top 1,000 sellers" who reside in the affected areas?  That says a heck of a lot of what they think of the average joe/jane seller.  That is about the worst thing eBay/Paypal has done so far.  They are only concerned about their top sellers? The top sellers that they make a ton of money off of? No one else counts?  Yup, they outdid themselves on this one.
Stinking eBay wouldn't even put a HOLD on a seller's account that was affected by Hurricane Katrina.  I asked.  All the aspholes had to do was look at her address and/or try to give her a call.  That would have proven my story.  Is this where the term "Boinktard" should be used? 

Edited to add:  eBay is giving to the top sellers because those are the ones that will more than likely end back up on their feet sooner.  eBay will get back their money in fees. 
Quote: Is it for the highest feedback sellers or the ones who lost everything?

Neither.  Top 1000 sellers is probably based on the top 1000 largest recent monthly eBay invoices.  eBay is basically helping itself by making sure the people who pay the most fees are still able to pay their fees.  The sellers who probably need it the most  get zero.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=348.msg1398#msg1398 date=1126317036]Bay is giving to the top sellers because those are the ones that will more than likely end back up on their feet sooner.  eBay will get back their money in fees. 
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=348.msg1400#msg1400 date=1126317545]
The sellers who probably need it the most  get zero.[/quote]

Exactly.

Angryfire
That's what I was thinking that "top 1000" just didn't sound right.  Angryfire
I think I am going to PUKE!

I did puke when I read the our top 1000 sellers part.  Puke
Smileyyellowbang Bs Jerk Bootyshake Icon_puke_l and to quote Forrest Gump:  "That's all I have to say about that"
Pages: 1 2