TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: They stole IT on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:If you sell on eBay, you need to be aware of a new scam, one that's snared at least six victims in Fairfax County.

Here's how it works:

The suspects bid on items on eBay. After they win, they correspond with the victim using untraceable, throwaway cell phones and e-mail. The victim is convinced to ship the item via Fed Ex with cash on delivery. The address given is supposed to be a home address, but police say the address is actually a business that ships packages. That's where the suspects pick up the items and pay for them with counterfeit checks. In at least three cases, the suspects picked the items up at Fed Ex Kinkos stores in Fairfax County.   

"These victims have been defrauded of approximately $80,000,"...

full article: http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=756198
The cheerleaders LOVE this kind of info.  8)

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000123229
Why doesn't eBay NARU users who are convicted of ripping off other eBay users instead of letting them continue to sell?  (I ask this same question every time one of these articles is posted  Smile )
Because they pay their eBay bills?
Yes plus ebay profits off all the scams anyway with the insertion fees BIN, Gallery and FVFees. There really is no incentive for ebay do anything about all the scams.

But I still think they could be considered accomplices to all the fraud because of the lax registration polices and efforts to actually VERIFY it's members.

I hope the Tiffany case helps set a president.

Did I mention what the Bot Bin Bandits are up to again on feebay?

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3371.msg12415#msg12415 date=1145031879]
Why doesn't eBay NARU users who are convicted of ripping off other eBay users instead of letting them continue to sell?  (I ask this same question every time one of these articles is posted  Smile )
[/quote]

I think I'll start a new thread and ask this question again.  Smile
BBH.
Ask your question on the current thread.  It could use a bump.  Smile
I do whatever Anita tells me to do.  Smile
Quote:The victim is convinced to ship the item via Fed Ex with cash on delivery.

Nope. Not a chance.

p.s. eBay doesn't NARU them because the bad guys pay eBay's bills (echo: iron_chick)
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3371.msg12471#msg12471 date=1145150132]
I do whatever Anita tells me to do.   Smile
[/quote]

You are often very helpful.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2