TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hackers Selling Credit Cards in Internet Chat Rooms: $3-$5 Credit Card w/CVV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:INTERNET CHATROOM PRICE LIST

Regular credit card number: $1
Credit card with 3-digit security code: $3-$5
Credit card with code and PIN: $10-$100
Social security number (US): $5-$10
Mother’s maiden name: $5-$10
Quote:Every night hundreds of Britons who shop online are having their details traded on the internet by fraudsters

INTERNET fraudsters are selling the credit card details of hundreds of Britons each night by hacking into companies’ computer systems.

The gangs, thought to operate out of Eastern Europe and South-East Asia, break through firewalls and steal information such as card numbers, security codes, PINs, street and e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers...

full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2135302.html
Quote:Credit card with code and PIN: $10-$100

The joke would be on the sucker who paid $100 for my PayPal debit card information.  I try to keep a zero balance. Laughing7
Quote:INTERNET CHATROOM PRICE LIST

Regular credit card number: $1
Credit card with 3-digit security code: $3-$5
Credit card with code and PIN: $10-$100
Social security number (US): $5-$10
Mother’s maiden name: $5-$10

The low prices are what shock me.  The fact that 1000s of people have their personal info sold every week doesn't surprise me because site owners (especally small site and newer site owners) are very lax about updating their site scripts when security fixes are released and make it easy for their sites (and if they're on a shared server the sites of others) to be compromised.