TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Using CSS to make your XML documents look pretty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Creating custom markup with XML is pretty easy to do, but making it look good is another feat entirely. Fortunately, a little knowledge of cascading style sheets can go a long way toward making XML easier on the eyes...

Unstyled XML

A popular theme of many beginning XML tutorials is to take a recipe for some kind of delicious food and describe it using XML. Since I like to cook I’m going to stick with this theme and show you examples using an XML version of my muy delicioso pico de gallo recipe. So grab some tortilla chips and margaritas and let’s get started.

I’ll start with a handwritten recipe for pico de gallo. In the past, good old pen and paper is how I would record and share all of my recipes. Then one day, when I was feeling particularly ambitious, I decided to start storing my recipes electronically as XML documents. It wasn’t particularly difficult, I just typed the recipes up in my favorite text editor and thought up some tags to describe the different elements. Working with XML is a lot like using HTML except that there are no predefined tags. And, since the recipes are now stored as an electronic document, I can also share them on the internet...

full article: http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/arti...tylish_xml