TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Using Amazon's stock photos . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As discussed here:

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/for...dID=116628&tstart=0

You're not supposed to do that, are you? 

Not if they're Amazon's images unless you're using them with their affiliate program.  If the images belong to the publisher it would depend on the publishers rules.
She mentioned saving space on her hard drive.  That gives me the impression that she isn't just going to use the photos, but hot link to them as well.  No??
That was sorta my impression . . . that she was just going to hotlink.
When I download my inventory from AOB, it includes the images urls from the River but I never dreamed of using them.  Maybe they don't police it that well - one person reported doing it for years - but it's still wrong, as I tell my 20 year old boy child almost daily, even if you don't get caught.

I know it's different if you are using an affiliate program or a store like whiteoaksbooks sets up - where the listings are linked to AZ - but I got the impression that these folks where talking about just hotlinking to the AZ images on their own site(s). 
Quote:Maybe they don't police it that well - one person reported doing it for years

It's probably not worth it for them to police it.  The thousands of affiliate sites using their images  would make it very time consuming to pick out the sites that weren't authorized to use their images.
[quote author=amy link=topic=3440.msg12706#msg12706 date=1145546720]
Quote:Maybe they don't police it that well - one person reported doing it for years

It's probably not worth it for them to police it.  The thousands of affiliate sites using their images  would make it very time consuming to pick out the sites that weren't authorized to use their images.
[/quote]Oh! You're one to talk, nose nabber!!!
Gen074