TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Following Amazon's Lead, eBay Moves into TV Production with ABC Reality TV Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My first thought was the same as sneakymagenta's.  The glitches will "expose" eBay for the carpy company that it is.  However, eBay probably has some sort of shilling plan in the making already. 
Quote:However, eBay probably has some sort of shilling plan in the making already.

Did you ever doubt it, Anita? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Think they'll have to do any relists, or file an NPD(or whatever the heck it's called) or have to resubmit their listings after being reported by the ebay police, or have their items disappear on alternate days,blah  Mblah05 Mblah05 Mblah05 Mblah05 Mblah05 Happy001
...of planned Prime Time ABC reality TV show.

Quote:eBay had been slated to do a television show this summer with ABC, but has pulled out...

It's not the first time an eBay-related show hasn't made it onto the air. eBay had been scheduled to make its television debut in 2002, but the deal fell apart.

full article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfga...?blogid=19&entry_id=5738

Quote:ABC has canceled its purchase of the summer reality skeinskein "Buy It Now,"...

One problem: eBay ultimately passed on getting involved with the show. With eBay out of the picture, ABC decided to return "Buy It Now" to the shelves.

"Buy It Now," from Madison Road Prods., was slated to air Mondays and Tuesdays at 9 p.m. starting July 31; ABC hasn't yet announced what it will air in the show's place.

This marks the second time an eBay-related show was announced, but ultimately didn't come to fruition...

full article: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117944478?cs=1&s=h&p=0
Quote:ABC has canceled its purchase of the summer reality skeinskein "Buy It Now,"...

My summer is completely ruined!  Crybaby2

Smileytongueout
Quote:INTERNET AUCTION GIANT EBAY IS entering television production as a partner in a new ABC reality show where its brand will play a central role. The show, with the working title "Make It Happen," will focus on families who have inspiring dreams but lack the financial means to make them happen. The families will be given the chance to place their "hidden treasures"--collectibles, memorabilia, artifacts, and other items--up for bid on eBay, where the proceeds will turn their dreams into reality...

Expect an influx of newbie sellers trying to attempt what they saw on TV.
Oh, Duh. They cancelled it. Lucky for me I always read to the bottom of the thread before replying.   Icon_silent
"The second episode will show the progress of the auctions and of course, the results."

They were probably afraid to show the results.
Quote:They cancelled it.

There is hope for the world after all.  :partytimes:
:mgoodnews:
Pages: 1 2