TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mobile Browsing Already Popular in Many Countries Set to go Mainstream in US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:"Mobile browsing will take off in the U.S. when the data rates come down. When we hit a certain threshold, the scales will tip and people will rush to buy,"...

Internet access via the mobile phone actually outpaces wireless access from a notebook PC in many of areas of the world -- a statistic driven largely by the massive install base of mobile phones as well as more developed wireless networks, according to Ipsos Insight's annual "The Face of the Web" study.

"Accessing the Internet on a wireless handheld device is no longer a novelty for consumers in the major global economies. It's becoming a common, everyday occurrence for many people,"...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/LjdaPZ5D...ream.xhtml
The next BIG article or study will be to discuss:

What is causing so many accidents on the autobahn?

Snorting
Posting on TulipTools from a cell phone sucks.  Cell phones need bigger screens. Smile
In other words, people who can't afford a computer have access to eCommerce. Yay?
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=3445.msg12713#msg12713 date=1145553609]
In other words, people who can't afford a computer have access to eCommerce. Yay?
[/quote]

M-commerce is popular in 7 European countries which have higher standards of living than the US  M-commerce is the most popular and widely used in Japan which ranks just below the US. (Japan is #11, the US is #10 using the UN's annual Human Development Index).

The US is light years behind Japan and Europe in adoption of SMS/Text messaging, M-commerce and other mobile technologies. Tongue
Send your hate mail to the lobbyists who pushed Qualcomm's sucky CDMA cellular standard instead of the technically superior GSM standard.  They're the buttheads responsible for this country falling behind in mobile stuff.
Quote:They're the buttheads responsible for this country falling behind in mobile stuff.

Who cares about the mobile stuff, I'd just like to know why I'm paying more for a 5Mb broadband connection here than Kim is paying for a 10Mb connection in the UK.  :twistedevil:
[quote author=mandy link=topic=3445.msg12725#msg12725 date=1145570891]
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=3445.msg12713#msg12713 date=1145553609]
[/quote]

M-commerce is popular in 7 European countries which have higher standards of living than the US 
[/quote] Monaco, Liechtenstien, San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg, the Vatican, ...? I'm missing one. Uh..., Gibralter shouldn't count. Oh! Is it Guernsey? No, that can't be right.
Quote:Who cares about the mobile stuff, I'd just like to know why I'm paying more for a 5Mb broadband connection here than Kim is paying for a 10Mb connection in the UK.

I piss myself laughing when I see US commercials for DSL for $19.95 a month for X months and $25 after that, and then see the fine print that it's a 768k connection.  Geez even the criminals at Bell here only charge $30 (regular price) for a 1M/bit..  And there's lots of other ones a bit cheaper nowadays.  Hmm interesting, just noticed that my DSL speed is up to 5M/bit and not 3 anymore, that explains some weird downloads speeds I've gotten lately.  Laughing7  Only $44.95 CDN ($39 US) a month.  So $45 US including taxes, really.  How does that compare with yours?
My cable is supposed to be 6Mbps, but I never checked it. It's about $45/month. DSL is cheaper, but way too slow.

Diger is the one paying the big bucks in Greece.
Pages: 1 2