TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MarketWorks and eBay Express
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From an email that just arrived.

Quote:Important information regarding eBay Express & Marketworks

As many of you know, eBay Express will be launching shortly and we plan to support the new feature beginning April 25th. eBay Express is a fixed-price marketplace offering a different type of buying experience which may in fact attract a new type of buying audience to your listings.

To sell on eBay Express, sellers and their listings must meet certain requirements. Those specific requirements can be found in the FAQ section of this email. Sellers that meet the requirements and have listings that qualify will automatically have these listings appear on eBay Express.

Marketworks is taking a 2-phase approach to supporting eBay Express. Phase One, which is part of our April 25 release, will focus on supporting eBay Express listings. We will also enable sellers to turn off eBay Express for items that use Checkout Redirect.

If you choose to list items to eBay Express, be aware that you will lose checkout redirect capability. That means all orders purchased as Express items will have to be processed in eBay using the My eBay page. To have a record of Express purchases in Marketworks, orders will have to be manually entered in to your Marketworks account.

Phase Two of our eBay Express implementation, scheduled for release in May, will provide the ability to pass Express orders through to Marketworks for processing.

If you have questions about eBay Express after reading the FAQs below please email our customer support team.

eBay Express FAQs

What is the criteria a Seller must meet to qualify for eBay Express?

* Maintain a feedback score of 100 or more, 98% positive or better
    * Maintain a public feedback profile (e.g., no private feedback)
      Support your listings with a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business account
    * Ensure your PayPal account settings are set to ship to unconfirmed addresses or make sale-by-sale decisions (?Ask me for unconfirmed addresses?)
    * Be registered as a US or Canadian seller

What is the criteria a Listing must meet to qualify for eBay Express?

* List on eBay.com
    * List in Fixed Price or Store Inventory format
    * Fill in the item condition field (i.e. New, Used, Refurbished) in Item Specifics (some categories exempted)
    * Use Pre-Filled Item Information for listings within Books, DVDs & Movies, Music, & Video Games
    * Include shipping costs (flat, calculated or free) in the shipping fields
    * Provide a picture or gallery
    * Items must be located in the US
    * Item is launching in an eBay Express supported category

I'm a Canadian Seller, will I be able to sell items through eBay Express?

According to eBay, yes, you will be able to launch items to eBay Express if:

* The item is physically located in and shipped from the United States
    * The item is listed on eBay.com
    * You meet all other Seller/Listing requirements

What does checkout redirect mean and how does eBay Express affect it?

* Checkout redirect is currently a setting at the Marketworks account level that allows your buyers to use the Marketworks checkout. By using the Marketworks checkout you gain the ability for orders to automatically display in your Marketworks account.
    * You will now have the ability to set checkout redirect capability at the launch level. Initially, if you want to list to eBay Express, checkout redirect will have to be turned off at the launch level.
    * For all non-express items, checkout redirect will be available according to how you have your account set up.

I don't currently use checkout redirect, and I want to launch to eBay Express. What do I do?

By default, if you currently have checkout redirect turned off, qualified listings/sellers will automatically list to eBay Express. No other settings will need to be modified.

How will I process eBay Express orders?

An item purchased on eBay Express will checkout using the new eBay Express checkout flow. Therefore orders will be completed via PayPal and your My eBay page.

If my orders aren't going through to Marketworks, how will I have a record of them?

If it's necessary to have a history of Express orders in your Marketworks account, you will have to manually create Express orders within Marketworks.

If my orders aren't going through Marketworks, will my inventory be accurate?

Yes, you can maintain accurate inventory counts by marking items as shipped via the Monitor page.

I'm on PayPal Superblock - how does this affect my Express payments directly from the eBay cart?

Superblock prevents the buyer from going directly to PayPal and using the "Send Money" tab - since the buyer will be sent directly to PayPal from the eBay Cart, PayPal Superblock will not prevent him from paying.

What if I don't want my items to automatically list to eBay Express?

Sellers who prefer not to list to eBay Express can opt-out of the feature by setting a preference in their My eBay page. Sellers also have the option within Marketworks to choose whether to exclude an item from eBay Express every time an item, which uses Checkout Redirect, is launched.

Where can I learn more?

* Contact our Customer Support team with any questions about how Marketworks will support eBay Express.
    * Visit eBay for more information about eBay Express: http://express.ebay.com/.
So how's this working?

Is phase II out that supports eBay eXpress and COR?
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=3456.msg13677#msg13677 date=1147109365]
So how's this working?

Is phase II out that supports eBay eXpress and COR?
[/quote]

Phase II isn't out yet.  I don't know how well Phase I is working because:

Quote:eBay Express
You are not qualified to sell on eBay Express at this time.
From what I've been hearing about ebay suxpress
I hope you don't feel left out.  Laughing7
[quote author=xppman link=topic=3456.msg13683#msg13683 date=1147127623]
[/quote]

I feel left out.  I bet if I was included I could have doubled my eBay sales this month!!!!

1 May sale for $2.25...
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3456.msg13688#msg13688 date=1147147632]
[quote author=xppman link=topic=3456.msg13683#msg13683 date=1147127623]
[/quote]

I feel left out.  I bet if I was included I could have doubled my eBay sales this month!!!!

1 May sale for $2.25...
[/quote]

UPDATE: 1 May eBay sale for $2.25 and an average of 35 daily page views for our eBay store....sooo after 8 days our eBay store's total May traffic has yet to even equal the traffic our bbh com web site had received by noon on May 1st...eBay has the eyeballs, yeah right.  :Smile

EDIT: the eBay store was averaging 160 daily page views last May with a similar number of items,  160 to 35...