TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Express Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
http://www.express.ebay.com/

I opted out.

My first impression is that it is clean looking, but I didn't like shopping on it--reminds me of Overstock or Amazon. I'm a big eBay shopper so I'm very used to that format.

Because the listings are pulled from eBay they contain all the seller's auction terms etc. which is very confusing  Icon_shaking2. I think it is going to be a mess. They should have started from scratch. Kim

I opted in but it doesn't matter because none of my stuff is there, anyway!

(Even if they were there, no one would every find most of them.  It took a LOT of clicks to get results returned for used books. )

Quote:Because the listings are pulled from eBay they contain all the seller's auction terms etc. which is very confusing  . I think it is going to be a mess. They should have started from scratch

Yuk  I thought they would at least have the sense to strip out the sellers' templates if they were trying to present Express as a "retail store".  It would make it a lot easier to attract non-eBay buyers.

One of the things this Amazon shopper...i.e. moi  Smile  finds annoying about eBay is that every listing (and every eBay Store using a custom storefront) has a different format/template so you have to hunt for shipping prices, payment details, etc.  I prefer Amazon where the format is the same on every page..it makes it much easier (quicker) to shop...and I don't think I'm the only web shopper who likes uniformity from page-to-page within an online store.

FYI this Express listing is the first thing I clicked on...it has scrolling test moving every direction possible...grrr http://item.express.ebay.com/Collectible...xpressItem .  The typical non-eBay shopper would take one look at all of the text moving back and forth and head for...Amazon.

As a web shopper, Half.com's item listing pages are much more to my liking than this...

EDITED to add:
Quote:I opted out.
eBay opted my main ID out itself...glitch...glitch...glitch

OMG, that listing is awful.  I made myself look at the whole thing and now my eyes hurt!  :o
Quote:Paypal , Money order, cashier check, and personal check (e-check and personal check will be held until clear)

...and when the buyer sticks it in the shopping cart and goes to checkout they discover it's PayPal only.  :Smile

If eBay wanted a fixed-price store whhhhyyyyyyy didn't they just try to fix the one they paid $360 million for 6 years ago (half.com) instead of creating a new mess like this?  :Smile

EDIT: Answered my own question about why they didn't just fix Half. Smile  No PayPal on Half, only PayPal on Express. :Smile
Second observation  Smile

Did they steal the code for the more categories drop-down menu from the more categories drop-down on Yahoo auctions (and the 'more' menu on Yahoo shopping)?  It's the same drop-down menu...

http://search.express.ebay.com/Apparel-A...W0QQ_srcZ1
http://auctions.yahoo.com/b:Automotive:50692
Third observation.  Smile

With huge letters that say "Get It Brand New" on the front page of the site aren't people going to expect to get something...well,um...Brand New?
I'm scared to look .
You guys tell me how IT is.

OMG if I "like" list stuff now on auction format... I better run some FIXED price listings
(at a higher cost) to get in the game.

OMG it is like too cool.

NOTE:
I opted out the day this train wreck appeared to be able to opted out of.

Oh wait I better go check and make sure I was not opted back in for some reason.

Just like my billing was done on the fly.  hmmmmmmmm

[Image: ohno.gif]
Quote:One of the things this Amazon shopper...i.e. moi  Smiley  finds annoying about eBay is that every listing (and every eBay Store using a custom storefront) has a different format/template so you have to hunt for shipping prices, payment details, etc.  I prefer Amazon where the format is the same on every page..it makes it much easier (quicker) to shop...and I don't think I'm the only web shopper who likes uniformity from page-to-page within an online store.

You are right when shopping for mass produced items. I prefer unity and one checkout FOR SURE. That's why allowing people to have their auction templates in there is a disaster. It's like putting a flea market in the middle of Costco  Icon_geek.

I am mostly shopping for vintage or old on eBay so the Mom & Pop (read pathetic templates and messy TOS) aspect doesn't bother me--I get the best bargains from the dumbest sellers and take a chance that the items will come smashed in an envelope (they have). I often buy a lot from sellers who have stores and know how to use them (i.e. put gallery pictures in--duh) combine shipping for me.

The unique store format helps me as a seller on eBay because once I get people in my store they "bond" , buy a lot, and come back. I'm not selling just a commodity, I'm selling my store as a boutique type entity so Express doesn't really work for me. Kim

Quote:I opted out the day this train wreck appeared to be able to opted out of.

I read your post that we could opt and went and did the same so THANKS! Icon_salut Kim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10