TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BidChaser: No Views, No Sales, Many Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This short thread about sums it up:

http://bidchaser.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1092

...and our test run of 5 auctions this summer also sums it up:  No buyers, items are receiving 0 to 2 views each (ranking the site down there with BidVille for lowest number of views), frequent glitches and breakdowns, many complaints on various boards of spam...and apparently staff turnover/turmoil
yesterday's biggest BidChaser cheerleaders  Common010 now are calling for Leo's head Smileybankerflame  and comparing Leo and BC to Ray and WP  Dazed012
full post from 9/9 by BidChaser's Leo here: http://bidchaser.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Quote:Good Morning.

I understand the "battle fatigue" that you are feeling. After following a number of marketing and technical strategies without the kind of success we expected, our Team had to go back to the drawing board.

The process has moved a lot slower than I have expected or wanted...

In the meantime, I fully understand if some of our members feel a need to take a short "vacation" from listing on the site. I just ask that you keep your eyes and ears open.
I will not predict an exact date for the release of the Bidchaser 2.0 platform...
Leo
Leo of BidChaser on 9/15

http://bidchaser.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1102

Quote:Hi... I admit we have slipped a bit. But we had a long discussion today with the whole crew.

We are focusing back on getting whatever glitches are outstanding fixed first, and then we will go back to the rewrite and the launch of the new Bidchaser.

We are working on fixing the listing/relisting/count problems right now, and will move to the bulk listing problems right after that.

Thanks!

Leo

We listed 5 items on 9/11--view totals for each item after 4 days: 1,0,0,0,0  :blinkie:
Quote:We listed 5 items on 9/11--view totals for each item after 4 days: 1,0,0,0,0 

...and that 1 view was me  :Smile :'(
latest update from BidChaser 9/23

Leo/BidChaser Wrote:Dear Members,

We are happy to announce a series of long awaited upgrades. Starting at 6 PM EST today, Friday September 23rd, we will start migrating a number of updates to the bidchaser system.

These updates are being moved in anticipation of the release of a completely overhauled platform we currently call "Bidchaser 2.0".

The first batch of upgrades resolve issues our members have reported regarding the listing/relisting of items. We'll keep you informed as we place each new subsystem in place.

There may be a few temporary inconsistencies within the sell and browse as we make final adjustments to this upgrade.

on this 9/23 post Leo from BidChaser gets a little defensive with a group of sellers who until recently were the site's biggest cheerleaders:

Leo/BidChaser Wrote:As far as where we "are", we are still hosting with SmartCity/MPI at the same place on Keller Road where we have been for the last 3 years, our office is still at 6305 Westwood Blvd in Orlando, nor has our phone changed. Our corporate records can still be searched at the florida corporations site, and we have filed all of our reports and taxes dutifully. Hardly the behavior of a company that's going to fold and leave its members hanging.

As far as my relationship with Carnaby, that is a matter of record and something I have never denied. I was the Chief Technology Officer with them until I became disastified with the environment, and left to form my own site and Company, PixieToys.com, which later later became Bidchaser.com. There is really no mystery in my story. You can even ask some of the sellers who have visited us in our office.