TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bush Says Consumers in for a 'Tough Summer' Due to Rising Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:President Bush warned Sunday that Americans must brace for a "tough summer," as consumers worried that fuel prices will continue to soar. "We're going to have a tough summer because people are beginning to drive now during tight supply," Bush said while touring a hydrogen-powered vehicle facility in California.

Price Gouging Questions

Congressional Republicans and Democrats are slamming oil industry execs, as consumers fume at paying US$3 per gallon for gas. The price of oil hit $75 a barrel Friday -- a new record -- and the heavy summer driving season hasn't even begun...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/KZ3yjHBX...mmer.xhtml
Quote:Congressional Republicans and Democrats are slamming oil industry execs,

They're slamming them in public. Behind closed doors both parties are bending over with a tube of Ky to give the oil industry's lobbyists easier access to their donation "cans".
If gas prices keep rising B&M Merchants will get slaughtered this summer.  Online stores will do better than B&Ms but will still feel the pain.
[quote author=amy link=topic=3509.msg13017#msg13017 date=1146014153]
If gas prices keep rising B&M Merchants will get slaughtered this summer.  Online stores will do better than B&Ms but will still feel the pain.
[/quote]

I dunno.  I don't think consumers are too willing to pay excruciatingly high shipping prices per item, either.  Shipping is getting totally out of control for anything that weighs a pound or more. 
Shipping prices are probably going to get more out of control.  Check the shipping forum here--USPS wants another rate hike.
Quote:I dunno.  I don't think consumers are too willing to pay excruciatingly high shipping prices per item, either.  Shipping is getting totally out of control for anything that weighs a pound or more. 

Yep. When gas goes up, the online merchants are usually the first to show it. All of your products from vendors and suppliers have higher shipping rates, so you must also adjust YOUR prices to cover their increased costs. Thus the cycle begins.

:-\
Quote:"We're going to have a tough summer because people are beginning to drive now during tight supply,"

:Smile

Quote:"We're going to have a tough summer because people are beginning to drive now during tight supply being price gouged by big oil,"