TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBayer Jailed for Threatening "Only a $1" Pierre and "DotCom IPO Trader" Meg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quote:A Romanian native unhappy with eBay Inc.'s business practices was sentenced to five months in prison for making e-mailed threats against two of the company's top officers...

Horicianu pleaded guilty in May 2005 to two counts of transmitting threatening interstate communications for sending e-mails to eBay Chief Executive Meg Whitman and Pierre Omidyar, the company's founder and chairman. Among the statements included in the e-mails was "I will haunt and hurt you and your family,"...

He claimed eBay, which paid members up to $45 per recruit as part of an affiliate program, owed him as least $7,200 for his activities...

full article: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryne...426832.htm
I had a charity listing posted once (a listing that wasn't listed through MissionFish, but that is a whole 'nother story) and a fellow eBayer e-mailed me threatening bodily harm to me (and a few other very strong choice words) if he/she found out I didn't dontate the money to the cause that was stated.  It was a verrrrrry threatening e-mail. 

Funny that eBay didn't even NARU the person. 

Guess my safety isn't as important as the Megster and Bill Corn Cobb.
Quote:Guess my safety isn't as important as the Megster and Bill Corn Cobb.

No, eBay doesn't provide you with 24/7 bodyguards.  Laughing7

I wonder how many millions eBay spends on providing the Megster and the BillSlobbster with private security every year?  Amazon said last week it spent $1.1 million on security for Jeff Bezos in 2005.  eBay probably spent more on Meg.  :blinkie:
[quote author=amy link=topic=3514.msg13072#msg13072 date=1146097387]
Quote:Guess my safety isn't as important as the Megster and Bill Corn Cobb.

No, eBay doesn't provide you with 24/7 bodyguards.  Laughing7

I wonder how many millions eBay spends on providing the Megster and the BillSlobbster with private security every year?  Amazon said last week it spent $1.1 million on security for Jeff Bezos in 2005.  eBay probably spent more on Meg.  :blinkie:
[/quote]

They should have given her some of the "protection" money to buy new clothes and get her hair done.  MEEEEEEOW!