TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Record Low 5 Storeowners Attended the eBay Stores April Brown Bag Lunch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:I missed the gift one in Feb.

I received the February USB drive.  The envelope was my favorite part--it was addressed to boinktard.  Laughing7
Quote:I received the February USB drive.  The envelope was my favorite part--it was addressed to boinktard.  Laughing7

I hope you framed it.  Smile
Quote:hyenas fighting over a dead carcass and trying to protect their territory because they are starving due to the drought

Willfully starving in many cases, like all the sellers who are selling in glutted categories and seeing their profit margins shrink by the month and yet remain focused 100% on eBay instead of investigating other options.  Spending $700-$1000 on a custom eBay storefront isn't going to help your business too much if like many sellers on eBay your category is flooded with items selling for below wholesale prices.  The money would be better spent on building a web site where you could sell at a higher margin. (or maybe buying some Pez dispensers...they last longer than the average eBay-only business  Smile ).

Another one of my favorite parts of eBay...the sellers who instead of competing by trying to provide a better product or customer service (something that will attract repeat customers), compete by spending their time running around reporting their competitors auctions for imaginary violations (something that won't attract repeat customers).
[quote author=amy link=topic=3537.msg13179#msg13179 date=1146253750]
Quote:I missed the gift one in Feb.

I received the February USB drive.  The envelope was my favorite part--it was addressed to boinktard.  Laughing7
[/quote]

I posted with two IDs so I received TWO (2) USB drives.   Tongue
You know it makes me want to throw up when I see the cheerleaders
say things like.

Work that store.

(Reminds me of Polly Shore snapping his finger and saying "nasty girlfriend nasty")

HOW DO YOU "WORK" AN EBAY STORE?
Can you go out on the sidewalk with signs that say come to my store?

In essence the answer is to put up MORE auctions UP
to TRY and drive traffic to your store right?

I never understood how so many people can be so gullible
to pay for a restricted area to try and sell items on ebay,
then pay even more to the same company restricting them
to try and drive "traffic" to the restricted store area
to buy something and then turn around and pay MORE
to the same company if they do in fact get a sale. [Image: scratchhead.gif]

What's even more mind boggling to me is the number
of fools who will redirect their domain name to an ebay store.

WHAT? You already got the buyer.
Send them to your website stupid.  :blinkie:

Anita
I'm going to report you to ebay for that.
(Standing here with my hands on my hips like some pre pubescent teenage
school girl patrol).
Happy001
Anita
I'm going to report you to ebay for that.
(Standing here with my hands on my hips like some pre pubescent teenage
school girl patrol).

eBay ENCOURAGES multiple IDs.  It helps with their numbers when blowing smoke. 

Besides, I bet Amy and Todd have so many IDs that they need a therapist for multiple personalities... among other things.
I've registered 25 new IDs every day since I joined eBay.  EVERY ID on the PayPal board is me.  Smile
Pages: 1 2