TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Record Low 5 Storeowners Attended the eBay Stores April Brown Bag Lunch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A new record low turnout for an eBay Stores BBL: 17 questions from 5 Store Owners, 14 answers by Pinks

eBay claimed in its Q1 report to have 240,000 US Stores...only 5 store owners bothered to attend.  If my name was eBay I would take that as a bad sign.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000265650&tstart=0
I was going to read the thread and see what I missed . . . but someone (Chirs) broke it.
(I scrolled down to see who the guilty party was.)
It would be nice, if among other thing, the gave the pinks lessons in posting - like how to NOT break a thread.

I saw that.  I read that.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  There wasn't even an *alert* thread on the stores board about it coming up.  Really sceery.... and still no one is mentioning it.

Well, I guess they're all over on the ebex board having their rampage vent-for-the-day fix....  Gosh, it's crabby over there. 

Signs024
A REAL bad sign indeed.
They have known for at least the last 12 quarters that they are in trouble.

I'm telling you guys.

This company has Enron written all over it.

Check the stocks and see the inside sells and buys for the past three years.
They KNOW it and have at least FELT it was going south for a while.

Quote:Sales decrease. What I have seen is that some sellers are attributing all of their decrease in sales to just the change in search. While this may be true, you should understand that, unless you are selling Spring or Summer seasonal items, all sellers will see a decrease in sales as we are entering the slower part of the year. This is true throughout online and offline retail. If you compare your sales this year to the same time last year, I hope you do not see decreases in sales as the search we have now shows more Store Inventory listings than at the same time last year.

Too bad I missed the stupid thing.  I could have responded to that drivel.

Dear chris@boinktard.com

I DO sell seasonal (summer) items and when store items were in search my sales were the best ever, as soon as it was removed they obviously tanked, but they are STILL worse than ever.  This should be a great selling time on eBay for me (like every other year, and I was more prepared this year than last as far as having a larger selection) but it's not.  Glad I've been working on my off-eBay site and not wasting time doing eBay listings..

Since only 5 showed up, the gifts may be something REALLLLLY good! 
I was over there reading some of the boards last night
while throwing back a few suds.  Occasion14

Then it hit me. I said to myself: (I always talk to myself) Laughing7

"You know xppman. It's spring, the weather is beautiful,
sales are good at the ole website
and all this negative carp you keep reading is just bringing you down.
ebay and PayPal will continue on it's self destructive path and it matters not.

There is nothing you can do about it and even better it's NOT
effecting your business or your life unless you let it."
(End of talking to myself)

I'm going to try hard to just forget about the boards over there and feebay.
It's high time to focus on positive things to ensure my son
and myself can continue to enjoy our lives.

It truly looks like all that is left over there are the
hyenas fighting over a dead carcass and trying to protect
their territory because they are starving due to the drought.  Pain10

I can only stand so much of Animal Planet.
It's not even entertaining any more it just make me want to  Puke

ebay as far as I'm concerned, is a poisonous
snake that needs to be whacked into pieces and destroyed.
Now how long it's body continues to sliver around on the ground
uncontrollably is anybody's guess.

The sooner it is buried the better.

Oh and don't forget to bury the head in a different location.

The only good snake (poisonous) is a dead snake.

PS...
I feel really sad for anybody who is still relying on ebay for their income.
Quote:Dear chris@boinktard.com

:blinkie: Hairless Chris doesn't work here!!! (boinktard.com and lieworld.com point to TulipTools)  Laughing7

Quote:There wasn't even an *alert* thread on the stores board about it coming up.

No alert thread. Wonder why? Avoiding your customers when they're upset is a good way to lose them.
Quote:Hairless Chris doesn't work here!!! (boinktard.com and lieworld.com point to TulipTools)

Happy001

You should email someone there are offer to sell them the domain...  They can use it when the eBay name is finally totally covered in shit and they need to re-brand
Quote:Since only 5 showed up, the gifts may be something REALLLLLY good!

That's why I made a point of posting on last months, since I missed the gift one in Feb.  Laughing7

I saw the thread at the top of the board the other day, announcing it..it was there for what, maybe a whole week?  not the usual 2 or 3..  Almost as good as last months where they posted the wrong date
Pages: 1 2