TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock RSS Feeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting--
I noticed that Overstock has RSS feed subscription "things" set up in their auction system.

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1.) Can you, yourself add a link to the RSS feed subscription options on a given auction item page? Is that "Overstock legal"?

2.) What is your general take on the Overstock RSS feed "stuff." Is this something that you could submit to Edgeio?

I took a vacation from selling in general, and am only now getting back into it a bit--so I've missed quite a bit over at the O.
They've had RSS feeds for sellers' items for a over year (?) but they made them more noticeable last week by adding MyYahoo/Google/etc. buttons.

You could put a link on your auction item pages to the feeds on your 'home page' since it's not an off-Overstock link.  You might be able to put a link directly to the RSS feeds because they would fall under the "other products you're selling" type of permitted link. (Overstock's links policy http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...i?PAGE=FAQ&MODE=ANSW&edtSearch=links&FAQID=46)

The RSS feeds would work with Edgeio's RSS feed uploader, but I don't know if Edgeio allows auction site feeds.

Yahoo Auctions recently added seller RSS feeds too. They're on the 'about me' pages.