TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Rundown of Auction Management Solution Providers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Article gives brief summaries and pricing for over 25 auction management solutions providers-both hosted solutions and desktop software.

Quote:Currently there are more products in the auction management marketplace than you can wave a cursor at — over 25 offering hosted or desktop Windows/Mac platforms for eBay, by our count. These programs vary widely in features, services and pricing (particularly pricing which seem to change with the weather on some sites.) A majority is geared only to eBay, several support Amazon, Yahoo! and other venues. They range from free sites such as AuctionSubmit and eBay's TurboLister (without image hosting,) to high-end, a la carte sites such as Vendio and Andale.

Site selection should be based on your current and future needs...

Read the small print: A number of sites that seem reasonably priced at first glance, charge extra for small amounts of increased image storage, per-listing fees and levy closing fees on successful sales...

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/essential...hp/3603176
Somebody needed to do their homework:

Auctiva Hosted Supports eBay, Yahoo! and Amazon. Various plans starting at $9.95 monthly with 3 MB image hosting to $109.95 per month including unlimited auction hosting.

Auctiva has had the free, web based lister out for what . . . about a year now? 

AuctionSage Windows Desktop. Supports eBay and Bidville. Sold at $30 for 3 months, $50 for 6 months and $80 per year.

Bidville?  Nope.

And I had to chuckle at this:

SpareDollar Hosted. Supports eBay. Probably the best buy in eBay auction management. Monthly fee of $8.95 gets you 50MB of image hosting space and a complete and easy to use workflow system for eBay auction and Store postings. The one major shortcoming is frequent time-outs, requiring repeated log ins.

They do go on to mention SD has been bought by InkFrog, but:
1) It seems silly calling a service which is about to cease to exist a "best buy" and
2) I'm not sure how they picked the time outs as the "major shortcoming" - there are many others that rank way higher in my book - like missing pictures, and a cheap owner trying to get by without paying customer service or tech staff and using inadequate servers.

Psst . . . Todd and Amy . . . isn't Marketworks like TWICE $14.95 a month? 

The monthly rates given in that article (and the lists of supported venues) look amazingly like the rates that were on Auctionbyte's list before they revised it last year.

Quote:And I had to chuckle at this:

I had to chuckle even more at this:  AuctionTamer supports SellYourItem  (Looking at Auctionbytes list from January, I also have to chuckle at them because they also have SellYour Item listed which closed 15 months ago).

No mention of anyone supporting Overstock support on the list.

The company names are right at least...well, except for him listing AuctionWorks which changed its name almost 2 years ago.

Very good research job for that article.  Laughing7

Quote:isn't Marketworks like TWICE $14.95 a month? 

Yes.  Smile  The rates went up October 1, 2004.