TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Are Stores getting the ax?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It occurs to me that eBay seems to be positioning itself into the place where it gives stores the ax.

It won't call it quite that, but stores will be merged into prostores (hey, they've been unable to get folks to go there voluntarily).    SIF - store items - will be in your store but not searchable on the dot com or Express.    It gets rid of a lot of the *clutter* for them, both on the dot com and what could potentially be clutter on express if they ever work out the bugs so all eligible items actually show.  And *forces* sellers to spend the $$ on actual FPL if they want items to show in Express.

I'm actually not sure this would be a bad idea if:
1) They could get prostores to work and
2) They'd let you link to your prostore from your listings. 

Thoughts? 
My gut instinct is that since ebay has lost the BIN lawsuit, they will be forced to dump the stores and all BIN/fixed price 'auctions' -- Ebex is rolling out now, glitches and all, in preparation for that court order, as a replacement.  I could certainly be wrong on this.

It's my understanding that prostores is also a hopeless mess, so I just won't go there at all.  And I'll bet there will be plenty more top management leaving ebay because of all the mess and blunderous changes going on -- the exodus is just starting....

Personally, I hope the two entities do separate.  I think auctions would be much better off, as the site would attract only those who actually *want* to bid on auctions.  That would allow ebay to still remain top dog in the auction corner.
I just think there's a chance that everyone who owns an eBay store might wake up one morning to find they've been integrated/moved over to a Prostore instead.

Actually, I'd think there was a better chance if eBay had a programmer worth a shit on staff who could actually *do* it . . . .

Well, you can bet your sweet bippy that they're up to [b][i]something.
LOL!  I guess that's what got me to thinking.  It's always a guessing game with eBay.

They clearly have *something* in mind.

And Store are also just as clearly the stepchildren.  Ending the 30 day free trial should speak volumes.  eBay gives a 30 day free trial on freakin' everthing they want you to wind up paying for - from Blackthorne to ProStores. 

They're pushing this fixed price site, but I really really really don't think they intend for it to be populated with 3 cents a month store items. 

And there are a number of folks on the board today reporting that while their listings are there, their stores are *gone*. 

(I'm scared to look.)
After not being too interested I have opened a web site. A lthough I said it wasn't eBay that finally pushed me over (burn-out factor in "real' job), in fact the point that Beth brings up here did contribute. When I saw the pathetic mess that is eE (as they are calling it) I thought to myself--RUN Confusedmileydog:!

Another factor is that they seem to have done something to the site/search as sales are peculiarly slow. There are several threads on the stores board referencing this. It seems more than a coincidence that it happened at the time of the launch of eE.

Usually in the past I can find workarounds and keep things chugging along nicely, but if I am going to do with the direction eBay is taking of late I will do it St. Elsewhere.

Once again thanks for having this forum--it is a wonderful resourse to help make the transition.  Headbang Kim
They would rather see more sellers do more individual FPL's than stores listings I'm sure.

They charge more for fix priced listings than to put up multiple items in your store.

The biggest thing they seem to NOT realize it that as long as the ebay BRAND
is on that EE site. They are not going to convert those who for what ever reason,
don't shop ebay, never shopped ebay or used to shop ebay but got
tired of all the scams and constant site changes.

One thing I'll bet we will see very soon is a few 10 cent FPL discount listing
days leading up to the grand opening.
(To try and attract sellers like me who have all but just
about abandoned ebay as a serious selling platform).

Feebay got $7.45 for last months fees from me.
PP got $5.80
A total revenue to ebay "the company" of $13.25.

Way down from previous months and years for sure.  Laughing7
Calling Anita...  Icon_queen:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000274411&start=40

maggie-the-cat-is-in-repose  (1363 )  View Listings  | Report  May-03-06 11:39 PDT  68 of 69
Post 66 was appearing while I was writing my last post. I think if we knew the truth we'd flee like rats from a sinking ship. Silence is the only way they can hang on to us and our money till they get where they are going or fix what they broke.

Which poster is it whose signature is, If it ain't broke fix it till it is? She certainly has eBay figured out.
DecorativeDish and the rest of you too.  Nono

St. Elsewhere IS the answer.

If I relied on my ebay sales last month.
(or for the last 36 months)
I'd be on the street now.

The trend I see emerging now is that folks want to buy from mom and pops again.

I think the masses are as tired of the BIG BOX stores / mall types site as many of us are.

(Search engine companies like Google seem to think so too)

I think folks just want to go online get what they want and want great customer service when doing so, and a feel of the old and true style of shopping
but in the new world on being able to do so online. WITH EASE.

Folks want to be treated as an individuals and respected when they
open up their wallets and purses to us online merchants and
I don't think they want to wade through millions of listing anymore on some
site were a few hundred thousand are trying to sell something to them to do so.

I really think the day of the online shopping mall auction site or online flea market
is going bye bye.

I know St. Elsewhere IS the answer.
After all people are going to keep shopping.  :Smile

Pages: 1 2