TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Is Google's Search Index Falling Behind Due to Web Spam and Hardware Limitations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Webmasters have been seething at Google since it introduced its 'Big Daddy' update in January, the biggest revision to the way its search engine operates for years...

Webmasters now report sites not being crawled for weeks, with Google SERPS (search engine results pages) returning old pages, and failing to return results for phrases that used to bear fruitful results...

With creating junk web pages is so cheap and easy to do, Google is engaged in an arms race with search engine optimizers...

...And there's at least some anecdotal evidence to support the theory that hardware limitations are to blame.

full article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/04/...ddy_chaos/
Quote:Is Google's Search Index Falling Behind

yessssss.....
I say yes too.

My site (or at least one product) is now on page three and four.
Use to be on page one and two.  :twistedevil:
I'll add a 3rd yes. Google has been very slow lately in updating the pages in their search index.  Over the past few months new pages have been showing up in Yahoo's search weeks before they appear in Google...it used to be the opposite.  The number of pages Google is showing as indexed for some of our sites has also been jumping all over the map, sometimes varying by 1000s of pages each day.  I definitely think that the number of parked AdSense spam sites and affiliate sites is overhwelming Google's ability to update its index in a timely manner.
xpp:  I pulled you up on Page 2 under Hanging Wine Glass Rack
Quote:I pulled you up

By the SOCKS??? Dazed012