TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mobile Shopping Search Services and Slifter/GPShopper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Regular readers know that while I believe mobile shopping will become important over the next couple years, I’m just not that excited about it right now as I don’t think the market is ready
Quote:As you can see, there are many potential paths for mobile shopping. One that sounds particularly interesting is a location based service (LBS) called Slifter/GPShopper (Slifter is the consumer facing service, GPShopper is the advertiser facing service). Through Slifter, you can find out where a product is sold in your local area. Enter your zip code along with the MPN/SKU and the service returns distances to local shops which sell the product. Slifter is probably years ahead of its time and therefore doesn’t offer results from many retailers yet, but the service has run a successful test with FootLocker and is currently working with a number of well known retailers. Slifter is meant to be a downloadable cell phone application, but can aslo be used as a SMS based service.

full article: http://www.comparisonengines.com/2006/05...gpshopper/