TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Re: Overheated Debate Sparks Change in Leadership at eBay Voices Led Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Socks

EDIT to add:
related topic:
Voices Member Accuses People Who Disagree with Him of Making Up Facts
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...629.0.html
Quote:from: robnzak
to: Seller Resource Group Increase Your Sales

As some of you are aware, our leader Pat Horton made a decision a couple weeks ago to step down as group leader. Marty & I tried to convince her otherwise but today she decided to not only step down but leave the group.

So, "unfortunately", everyone is now stuck with me as the new leadership of the SRG.

As we begin a new era for the group, lets all give thanks to our beloved founder Horton's for all her hard work and dedication to the group. Pat we'll miss you.

Rob
  :o  I haven't visited for a while, so don't know what's going on really.  I'll take a peek this evening...
Quote:our beloved founder Horton's

2funny

Quote:what's going on really

One thing that's going on is that their membership nosedived from almost 420 to 274 in the past 1-1 1/2 months.

Isn't this the same little group that had some member go into the stores boards
to put out the fires sort of speak?  Icon_scratch
I like their charter:

Quote:This is not a Smiley Board, or a chat-chat board.

My response:  Smile Yellowtonguerazz Fluck Smile Yellowtonguerazz Fluck

I used to belong to an eBay Group Smile called the "Final Straw" but the leader (hint: cat named Leonard) disbanded it forcing its bazillions of members (well maybe not bazillions, more like 4 or 5) to find new homes.  :'(
Appears that Pat basically just needs a break from things, as we all do at times, and suggested stepping down from her post a while back. 

Mostly looks like there's been a bit of crankiness over there, as it is everywhere on ebay lately.  There's a *cross-fire* type politics and religion thread on the group board that apparently got a bit too overheated and caused a domino effect in reactions. And where there's a hot issue, folks tend to take sides -- altho the overall mood is to just get on with it and go forward. 

The reactions apparently were the deciding factor in Pat taking her leave of absence for a while.
Did she step down because everyone didn't agree with her?
I can't believe the group is at odds!!  Marty said it is THE place to go to get away from all the whining on the Stores Board.  Big Grin
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2527.msg13088#msg13088 date=1146117158]
I like their charter:

Quote:This is not a Smiley Board, or a chat-chat board.

My response:  Smile Yellowtonguerazz Fluck Smile Yellowtonguerazz Fluck

I used to belong to an eBay Group Smile called the "Final Straw" but the leader (hint: cat named Leonard) disbanded it forcing its bazillions of members (well maybe not bazillions, more like 4 or 5) to find new homes.  :'(
[/quote]

Icon_cat

No, seems to be a moderator/decision-making conflict, very minor in my opinion.  Don't think it's any big deal.

At least it's not totally boring over there.  But if I were to try to keep up with all the boards I'd like to, I'd get less than nothing accomplished in the day...which is actually about my speed right now. Sad

Laughing7
Pages: 1 2