TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Consumers shifting fron online credit card to online debit card payments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: As in the offline world, consumers are shifting from credit to debit payment online, with debit transaction volume expected to surpass credit transactions online by 2007...

... the predicted increase in the use of debit cards online means that online merchants must be even more rigorous about fraud and risk management, Jupiter analyst Edward Kountz notes. Merchants should increase their use of automated fraud management tools and consider bankcard associations' online second-level authentication programs, so far little used...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18471
Using your debit card is not a good idea.  IMHO  (Although I have done it.)  If a company is going to screw up, I would prefer they screw up my cc and not my checking account. 

I like my "system."  I run everything through my Amazon cc so I get Amazon Gift Certificates.  I then use Bill Pay and pay my cc.  Yeah, it is a few extra steps, but if I'm going to shop at Amazon, I may as well shop for FREE!

WARNING:  Amazon cc is given out by Chase.  Chase will BOMBARD you with snail mail and phone calls.  Also, their interest rate STINKS, so don't carry a balance with them.