TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay.com, eBay.ca $0.10 Auction-Style and Fixed Price Listing Day May 9th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***$0.10 Auction-Style and Fixed Price Listing Day Tomorrow, May 9th*** 

May 08, 2006 | 05:08PM PST/PT

As a special offer to our sellers, we are pleased to announce a one-day promotion for www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca and www.ebaymotors.com (for Parts & Accessories listings), where the insertion fees for Fixed Price and Auction-style listings will be $0.10!

The promotion starts on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second) and ends that same day, Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds). Listings which were created prior to May 9, 2006 and scheduled to start during the promotional period will also be eligible for the special promotional rate.

The $0.10 Insertion Fee Sale will not apply to eBay Motors vehicles, International, Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate/Ad Format, and Store Inventory listings. Also, the following Business & Industrial categories are excluded from this promotion: tractors & farm machinery (category #91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082), and commercial printing presses (26247).

details: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/10fixprice/?...MDV:AB1000

eBay.ca

Quote:***10 cent listing day - May 9, 2006*** 

08 May, 2006 | 20:00

What is it? List in Auction-style or Fixed Price format on eBay.ca on Tuesday, May 9, and your insertion fees will be reduced to only 10 cents. The reduced fees will be immediately reflected on the site. A similar promotion is happening on eBay.com and eBay Motors (with start and ending times in Pacific Time).

When is it? It all starts Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 00:00:01 EDT (12:00 AM plus one second on May 9, 2006) and ends that same day, at 23:59:59 EDT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Who is included? All eligible Auction-Style and Fixed Price listings on eBay.ca. Please note the exclusions below. Items re-listed that match the above eligibility will qualify for the promotion. Items listed in two categories will receive the promotional fee for each category.

What is excluded? Motors vehicles, Business and Industrial Capital Equipment, Store Inventory Format and Real Estate Ad Format listings will not be included in this promotion. The promotional rate does not apply to listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion on May 9, 2006, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

details: http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/050906_10c/
from 12.2 million to 13.7 million listings so far--in the past when eBay had a sale Marketworks used to have delays of 2-8 hours.  Today however:

Quote:Current launch delay is less than ten minutes.

The short delay isn't a good sign for eBay.
"...and who will help me bake break the bread sellers?  >Sad

Not I, said the cat...."

Big Grin

Quote:Current launch delay is less than ten minutes.

I used to hate eBay sale days because it meant my Yahoo launches would be delayed for hours, but today Yahoo and Overstock listings are going up almost immediately from MW without any eBay sale caused launch delays. 

The attitude towards sales days on eBay's boards has changed too this year from "thank you ebay" to "thank you ebay, now my sell through rate will suck for the next 7 days"