TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Introducing: Free Equifax Credit Alerts for PayPal Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Introducing: Free Equifax Credit Alerts for PayPal Users *** 

May 09, 2006 | 10:45AM PST/PT

Hi…I'm Dave Steer and I work on the Trust & Safety team at PayPal. One of my team's responsibilities is to ensure that Community members have the right tools to protect themselves from identity theft. Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in America today -- the sooner you are able to discover it, the sooner you can act…before serious damage is done.

To that end, I'm happy to announce Equifax Credit Alerts for PayPal Users, a new, free program offered exclusively for PayPal users registered in the U.S. Equifax Credit Alerts provides you with several benefits, including:

* Early warnings about potential identity theft -- Automatic email notification if there's an inquiry to your credit file or there's a significant balance inquiry.
    * Identity theft hotline -- A toll-free number to call if you believe you're a victim of identity theft.

We're thrilled to partner with Equifax -- one of the three major consumer credit reporting companies and an industry leader in credit information and monitoring -- to provide this benefit to our Community. Beyond this alerts program, Equifax offers several other identity protection services, such as Equifax Credit Watch Gold, a program that provides credit monitoring and identity theft insurance.

PayPal and Equifax will host anonline workshop on identity protection on Monday, June 5th, from 1 p.m. PT to 2 p.m PT, in order to answer your questions about the new program and how to protect yourself from identity theft. We look forward to seeing you there.

In the meantime, I encourage all PayPal users to sign up for Equifax Credit Alerts.