TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Problems in eBayville today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:***Slowness with Descriptive Search*** 

May 10, 2006 | 06:52AM PST/PT

Members are experiencing slowness when using Descriptive Search. We're aware of this issue and working to fix it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience,
eBay
Quote:***Error Messages on Site*** 

May 10, 2006 | 07:50AM PST/PT

From 07:03 to 07:20 PT, members may have received error messages when using certain features of the site, such as Sell Your Item, Bids, Registration, and My eBay. Most of the error messages that members may have received have been corrected.

Thank you for your patience,
eBay

eBay technical issues board:
I'm unable to list to sell 
SEARCH COMPLETELY UNUSABLE - EBAY PINKS PLEASE FIX! 
EBAY CRASHES Some of your information is not available at this time.
Sold items showing in Unsold Items in My Ebay 
Search engine not working?
LISTED ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP!!!! 
Cannot signin to bid?
Another one:

Quote:**Issues with Searching by Title and Description*** 

May 10, 2006 | 01:33PM PST/PT

Members may be experiencing inconsistencies in the number of listings shown when searching by title and description. We’re aware of these issues and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Inconsistencies...  ;D

I like this one: members may have received error messages when using certain features of the site, such as Sell Your Item, Bids, Registration, and My eBay Umm, aren't those certain features all of the features you need if you want to buy or sell anything?  :Smile
Since PayPal is owned by eBay, I hope it's OK to post this here. This morning I got a paypal payment that displayed the customer's credit card number. The items were purchased on eBay.
:blinkie:
[quote author=maryrussel link=topic=3707.msg13812#msg13812 date=1147374723]
Since PayPal is owned by eBay, I hope it's OK to post this here. This morning I got a paypal payment that displayed the customer's credit card number. The items were purchased on eBay.
[/quote]

That is sooooo illegal, even in error, that they could be fined heavily for that.
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=3707.msg13814#msg13814 date=1147377074]
[quote author=maryrussel link=topic=3707.msg13812#msg13812 date=1147374723]
[/quote]

That is sooooo illegal, even in error, that they could be fined heavily for that.
[/quote]

If you or I did something like that we'd lose our merchant accounts instantly.
Apparently Anita and Beth (Ironchick) tested the system.  According to them the numbers are not cc numbers.  There was a 16 digit number in the ID line that I had never seen displayed on any of PayPal's payments before and I thought it was a CC number. My apologies for the assumption.
I still hate PayPal.

I've had a LOT of buyers lately writing to say that paypal won't *let* them pay when they get there.  I have no clue what's going on.  I've had lots of folks also not pay until I invoice them, which is fairly unusual, so I suspect that some of them are having problems as well . . . .
Quote:I have no clue what's going on.

Either does PayPal, that's the problem.  Smile I don't get many PayPal payments but my buyers seem to have frequent problems with it.  It works about as well as the eBay site  Big Grin
Funny me too. Haven't had a pp payment in quite a while now that you mention it.

They did stop the code (assigned merchant number)
I used to be able to use as a link to send a buyer to pay me.

Now all you get is a page that says You have requested an outdated version of PayPal.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if there was a major problem and they are not
even aware of it as buyers are just clicking off and going away.

I know I DON"T chase after them to pay anymore.

I had two ebay auctions (the only two I ran) last week
both ended with bidders on May 08.

One finally responded last night and wanted to back out and still no word from the other
I sent my own EOA e mails on May 08.

ebay was supposed to send theirs at the same time
and I got copies of the e mails that the buyers were supposed to be getting from ebay.

Don't even know if the other one that has not responded yet got them or not.

Like I said I know I DON"T chase after them to pay anymore.

Oh I think I'm going to go do a mutual withdraw thing on that other one right now.

At least I'll get my .80 cent back times two.  :Smile

Pages: 1 2