TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BlueHost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comments, anyone? 

They use Linux servers, offer a choice of shareware/shopping cart installations, and oodles of *space*. 
Their plan seems good.  I'll go look and see if I can find any horror stories anywhere.  Smile

Quote:Toll Free 24/7!

If you're up late, one thing you might want to do is call their tech support number reallllly late one night this weekend and see if you get a human or an answering machine, how long it takes for them to answer, etc..
Good idea!!  I never go to bed before 2-3am, so I'll give them a call tonite early this morning....  Wink

I think Jeremy used them last year, and still may be using them.  I'll ask him, too, over on gbb.
Quote:I think Jeremy used them last year,

He used Big Blue Host...the company that accidently deleted his database and seemed to be down more than it was up.

Blue Host is a different company.  Looks like they've been around 10 years and the reviews, comments about customer service, uptime, etc I saw today were better than iPowerWeb.
Okay!  I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin!!  8) 

*dangerous, I know*  Big Grin

Now I remember the BIG part with Jeremy's host.  Not good.  Glad it's a different company.  I'll study it some more tonite and go thru some of the tutorials offered.  I'll also check out the host that ironchick uses, as she's pretty happy with them.

Thanks, BBH Smile
Some very nice young man answered the phone at BlueHost around 2am MDT.  I now guess their 24/7 statement is for real!  I asked directions to the *page builder*, and he was most courteous and polite. 

I have checked out ironchick's site also.  It's got a great site builder, too, and is worth considering.  Smile
BlueHost is down again.  100%.  This is not the first time since I signed up with them mid-May.  I am becoming an unhappy camper, methinks.....  >Sad
[quote author=stardust link=topic=3729.msg21511#msg21511 date=1156481877]
BlueHost is down again.  100%.  This is not the first time since I signed up with them mid-May.  I am becoming an unhappy camper, methinks.....  >Sad
[/quote]

It's up now Smile
Yep.  Came up some time last night.  I've encountered at least 3 blackouts since I signed with them in May.  So, how many have there actually been that I don't know about?  With ipowerweb for 3 years, I only encountered ONE that lasted a few minutes at the most. 

Got the hair up on the back of my neck, now........  >Sad