TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: So does the support at MW end when you start paying them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
In a weak moment, I decided to give MW yet another freakin' try.

The CS rep wooed me.  Answered all of my questions with all the things I wanted to hear.  (I felt like I was on a date. ;-))

They flipped the switch and the billing clock started running.

That was 3 days ago.

I switched ONE listing over to MW and I can't get COR to work.    It pulls it into the system.  Buyers (eventually - like a freakin' day later) get a WBN that lets them check out in MW.  BUT, when they click the Pay Now button on the Bay, it takes them to COR.  (Which, I'm no expert, but it seems like I'm missing a pretty import of that Checkout REDIRECT function here.)

I'd post this question on the forum there, but it won't let me sign in.  (I reported that 3 days ago, too.)  It won't even let me PM the forum administrator . . . without signing in.

I'm having other issues as well: much of the new handy dandy get started guides - they want that same sign in that I'm not able to do; I have two storefront profiles set up for two IDs, but the only url they give me accesses an old one that I set up last time I tried this stupid service; how the heck can you leave feedback if you don't want it automated; apparently there's a new order management thingee, but I can't sign up for that either, because it won't let me sign in; folks have paid for orders via PayPal but it's not showing them as paid, etc.

Anyway, I'm done ranting.  I need to get some shipping done.

If anyone has ANY suggestions as to how I can:

1) get a CS rep to answer my support ticket or
2) make COR work  (the item is in my inventory, it's been converted to a MW item, I have COR selected for that account, and I have checkout selected on eBay)

I'd be grateful.

Quote:the item is in my inventory, it's been converted to a MW item

Checkout redirect only works if an item is launched with checkout redirect.  It won't work on converted items.

Quote:1) get a CS rep to answer my support ticket

Not likely on a weekend.  I've had a lot better luck calling them than using their support tickets.  They do answer quickly on the forums (but not on weekends) but I gues that's not an option at the moment.

Change that last paragraph to: not likely during the week either.  There are several complaints about MIA customer service and unanswered emails on the MW forums...several complaints about items taking forever to finalize after auctions end too.

Quote:how the heck can you leave feedback if you don't want it automated

You can leave eBay feedback from the Monitor page by selecting repost feedback
OK, I'm pizzed.

The ONE thing I specifically asked Kevin, the false white knight who woo-ed me, before I agreed to start giving them my money again is:  Will checkout redirect work with listings launched with another 3d party listing service?    And he said it would work regardless of the listing service I used. 

Tongue2

I think Kevin was wrong unless they changed it.

Quote:to start giving them my money again

Signup for their Ambassador referral program.  We haven't paid MW any fees in a year (and currently have a $180 credit balance) because we lucked out and a Platinum power seller use us as a referral when they joined last year.  The free part is the main reason we never left MW during its problems last year.  Smile
Apparently Kevin was wrong, because it's not freakin' working.  Tongue2

I am signed up for the Ambassador program.    Any shooting stars wanna use me as a referral so I don't have to pay MW, too??
So I got a response to ONE of the MANY emails I've sent to Support since Thursday.
This one:

I am a returning user, iron_chick.  How do I reactivate my forum account?

to which I received the response:

Are you refering to reactivating your eBay forum account?

BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead
Quote:Are you refering to reactivating your eBay forum account?

2funny  Happy001 2funny  Happy001 2funny

I looked on their forum and you're probably not missing much by being locked out.  There's a ton of problems since eBay's 10 cent listing day and very few answers from MW support.  Sad

EDIT:  I just remembered.  It took them almost 3 months to activate my Overstock forums account.
I sent them the link to their forum. :-)

I'm still having storefront profile issues.    I did get the COR issue resolved, once I found out Kevin from MW was WRONG.   

All in all, things are going OK . . . I've certainly gotten farther along than I ever have before.  And I think I am going to be able to make MW do what I want it to do.  But there are some issues that need some sort of CS/tech help.  (An old storefront I set up last summer keeps on showing up as the default storefront, so the only way I can access my storefront profiles is to have someone buy something listed at auction and click on the link.  NOT effective.) 

I didn't call today because I was busy doing *other* stuff and HOPED to get some sort of substantive email response, since today's a business day. 

Guess I was wrong, eh?? Smile

There aren't any similar storefront problems on their forum (there are however several storefront posts that include the words "internal system error")
I think my problems are likely somewhat unique - I have a bunch of "stuff" in my account from when I tried MW *twice* before.  I can't get rid of this stupid default storefront.  It won't let me delete it and it overrides the profiles (unless someone clicks a link directly to a profile). 

Oh, and my yahoo account won't update.  At all.  Not once in a week.  My password is good.  My account is active.  There is nothing more I can do without some sort of feedback as to why the heck it's failing.

(One of the things I love about AOB - I actually can access API error messages, etc.)

On a happer note, Anita bought a test item from me this morning and the WBN went out in minutes as opposed to the 12+ hour delay I had last week. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6