TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Domain Parking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, what is *domain parking* exactly, and then give me a hint as to what a "strategy" would be when parking domains. 

Is it perhaps 'securing' the domain name (cheaply as possible, I presume), and then *parking* it within my main hosted domain just to hold it until I might be ready to expand it into a web site?  ipowerweb has a special going for $2.95 domain name first year, thereafter $8.95....
Included with all domains:
> Parking Page
**I assume a parking page is like a home page? **
> Domain Name Utilities
> Whois Domain Privacy
> DNS Manager
> Domain Name

Can't find anything like that with BlueHost, which I've decided to switch my main domain/website to, away from ipowerweb.  So I should be able to rack up some domain names for $3 each right now with ipowerweb, then park them at BlueHost until I want to incorporate them as a hosted account within my main account? -- or shouldn't I? -- or what?  Icon_scratch
Before you buy any domain names with ipowerweb, ask them where the heck you can manage your DNS info.  A friend bought one of their cheap domains with the intention of hosting it elsewhere and is having trouble shaking it loose from them!   

If you buy a domain from ipowerweb, they'll have it lead to a page with a bunch of ads on it.
(www.auctionsellersmotivators.com is one)

When cPanel refers to a parked domain, it means one that you are actually forwarding or redirecting to your main domain.  (Folks will type in estatejunk.com and wind up at stardustskiesgalleries.com.)  To do this, you have to be able to change the DNS info (nameservers) to your nameservers at Blue Host.  And that has to be done where ever you register the domain.  (See ipowerweb issue above.)  With most registrars, like GoDaddy, it's easy. 
I hear you loud and clear, chick.  Thanks!
You can also set up a simple "coming soon - visit us now at stardustskiesgalleries.com" index page on the domain (as an add on domain). 
I see.  *I think*  Big Grin
Heh . . . I'm just so excited that there is someone asking questions on this board that *I* can answer.  Most of the technical talk around here is *way* over my head.   

FreeBSD sounds like some sort of S&M thing to me. Wink
Quote:FreeBSD

All I ever wanted was a server with FreeBSD and *they* took it way after 2 weeks.  Crybaby2

Quote:A friend bought one of their cheap domains with the intention of hosting it elsewhere and is having trouble shaking it loose from them!

I'd avoid them for domain registration.  It's easier to manage DNS and transfer domains at GoDaddy.
FreeBSD has the cutest mascot http://www.freebsd.org/art.html
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=3762.msg14230#msg14230 date=1147827744]
FreeBSD has the cutest mascot http://www.freebsd.org/art.html
[/quote]
Does *its* pitchfork have any relation to your sword?  ;D

I hear everyone loud and clear.  godaddy for domain names.  gotcha.  thanks.  Occasion18