TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: e-mail clients for websites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, the neomail, squirrel and horde (seems to be all that's offered with hosting plans) are not to my liking for webmail.  Who here uses what, and what do you like and what do you NOT like?

Also, do you then direct the webmail to Outlook Express so you can see all incoming mail at once, or what? 

I'm a real dummy here This stuff is all new to me, so please splain.  Tongue3

Edited to add:  I just looked at Horde again.  Perhaps it's usable after all....
I prefer horde of the three, because you can easily access all of your accounts (use the drop down bar on the top right corner).

But I rarely use it.  I use Thunderbird.  Easy to set up accounts for all any and all email addresses (on your main domain or add on domains).  I download mail from the server and forward a back up copy to a free (yahoo or hotmail) account.

Thank you for the info.  Would just like an email where I can go from one addy to another with one click -- or some such thing...
Horde will let you do that, with the drop down at the top right corner.

But I still love the convenience of having them pop up automatically in my Thunderbird (Mozilla's alternative to Outlook, OE).   

I have accounts set up in Thunderbird for my major email addresses and the minor ones forward to those accounts. 

It's fairly easy to set up and your host should have directions on how to do it or be able to talk you through it! 

Edited to add:  When I am not home, I check using Horde.  Thunderbird is set to download and delete messages from my server, but when I'm not home and the 'puter is shut down, it's not downloading and deleting so they're all there for me. 
I use FREE http://epromter.com/

For checking my webmail.
Recommended by Kim Komando.
It's a small program you download that lets
you check you various e mail accounts right from your PC.

You can configure and check you free yahoos hotmail and your e mail
addresses you may have set up with your website as well.

I'm on the old yahoo websites system and the webmail they offer sux.
So if you have a website you can set up e mails with that website package.
Set them up on your epromter and not have to go online to open the e mails.

All good tips.  Thanks, all.
Anything for a fellow Cheshire cat.  Smile
I use Thunderbird and Pine