TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBayer with 50,000+ product descriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My main line of work is editorial freelance and writing. I use several online venues for freelancers as part of my regular "freelance search" and I've been running into more and more eBay people posting projects. That is, eBay sellers looking for editors to write and/or process their product descriptions.

My favorite so far has been a guy who has 50,000 (new!) products to add to his eBay listings. He wanted to hire editors to do 10,000 products a piece; cutting and pasting product descriptions from a massive manufacturer's .pdf file, into his auction template.

50,000 NEW products!  :o

He wanted all 50,000 done in three weeks. Then he's probably planning to flood eBay with them. Nope, I don't know what kind of products they were... Yep. he'll probably hit eBay with them all at once.

And here's one I saw today:

Quote:This project is for an eBay listing ad copy. I'd like you to research other trading systems, or, more specifically, forex trading systems that are sellingon ebay. You should then research the members listings that have a high amount of feedback, which means they are making a lot of sales.

At the end of the day, I want very compelling copy for this ebay listing. This should include not just the copy, but images as well. I'll work with you to get hard numbers and sample results.

Here is a sample ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6054183101&fromMakeTrack=true

(This project posting sure says a lot about what this seller thinks)
Quote:50,000 NEW products!

I'm not surprised eBay sellers are looking for freelancers to do their listing descriptions.  50,000 is nothing compared to the number of items some of the dropshippers are running.

the top 5:
megamediadepot 1,039,188
pass-along 627,641
casacaiman 470,582 --and they have over 2 MILLION listed on Amazon
inflatable madness 465,775
replacementautoparts 333,569
OMG. Shows how ignorant and behind the times *I* am. I thought 50,000 was mind-boggling. Even at the height of my online sales, I usually had less than 500 running at any one time.