TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Coming Soon: Slower Page Load Times on Search and Browse Pages and More Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Calculated Shipping Easier to Use on Search and Listings Pages*** 

May 18, 2006 | 01:24PM PST/PT

Hi, this is Leigh Goldstein again from eBay's Shipping team. I have some news I want to share with you about calculated shipping. Right now, when sellers use the Shipping Calculator to show buyers their shipping costs, a "Calculate" link appears in the Shipping Costs column on search and listings pages. It can take a buyer some time to click through those links when looking at several different items.

Soon we're going to make this a lot easier. If we know your location (because you've signed in, for example), we'll automatically do all the calculations for you as soon as you get to the search and listings page. Later this year, we'll also extend this to the item page – once you sign in, all calculated shipping will be done for you whenever you click into a new item page.
Yep... buyer lives in NYC wants to ship to sister in HI.
Item is located in NJ.

Boy won't this be fun.    :Smile
[quote author=xppman link=topic=3794.msg14453#msg14453 date=1148004440]
Yep... buyer lives in NYC wants to ship to sister in HI.
Item is located in NJ.

Boy won't this be fun.    :Smile
[/quote]

I hadn't thought of that problem.  My first thought was the added page load times due to the shipping calculations. 
Quote:Coming Soon: Slower Page Load Times on Search and Browse Pages and More Glitches

LMAO.