TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ecommerce Site Improves Conversions After Limiting Number of Search Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Online shoppers can easily get frustrated when a product search of an e-retailer’s site turns up countless items that shoppers then must wade through to hopefully find what they’re seeking. This kind of frustration can be the kiss of death for online retailers...

To address this challenge, 4inkjets.com has begun using web analytics to fine tune site search on its newly redesigned web site to present shoppers with a list of products that helps them more quickly find the items for which they’re hunting...

Today the average conversion rate for the site is 7.6% compared with the previous site’s 4.7%.”...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18624
This should really be posted on the "eBay Stores search changes" thread  Smile because the first paragraph largely explains why eBay removed Stores from search and the rest of the article shows that eBay is probably full of wombat poo poo when it says that all it did was revert back to the way search was pre-inclusion.

Most large e-commerce sites, including eBay, have the ability to tweak and fine tune their search so that visitors are more likely to see certain types of items.  All indications are that eBay's tweaking to direct visitors away from store items took place as soon as it figured out it had a problem-i.e. 1-2 weeks before the "official" change back to the old search, and that it has continued to tweak its search after the reversion in an attempt to place the focus back on the auction side.
What ever tweaking or re tweaking
they did it seems the pretty much over tweaked.

If they would just stop tweaking every tweaking other day the tweaking
site might stabilize.
As it is now and its a tweaking mess.

Actually I really believe they have tweaked
one time too many
and have probably just
ran off another few million or so tweaked off buyers and sellers.  :Smile
For once, xpp -- just this one time, mind you --  I agree with you.  ;D
Laughing4