TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: half.com database issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those who sell there might want to check their inventories.

I'm moving the books to a new ID.

I'd cancelled all my listings on the old ID.

I'd go to my account, and it would show I had 206 listings.

I'd click to see them, and nothing would be there.

I downloaded my inventory from there, and they all showed as active.

According to Rodger at AOB, half has been having some serious issues with this lately - semi disappearing inventory - and that these semi-missing items (of cancelled items, which aren't really cancelled) ARE showing up in buyer's searches. 

I put the old ID on permanent vacation.    And I'm going to keep an eye on the new, to make sure that cancelled items aren't showing up in the search.

That's nice that the Missing Item Glitch made it over to Half.com. 
Quote:Half.com: Serious inventory display problems

2006-04-27 13:36 PST

Dear Sellers,

We identified several instances where Half.com inventory is not displayed properly on Half. This includes the following symptoms:

- The count of active items is off (as much as by 100%)
- Items show as active, but when clicked a message appears that the item is actually ended.
- Items seem duplicated (but again, the item is actually ended).
- Delays of 2+ days in updates
- Inventory snapshots and listing reports showing the above symptoms

If you are experiencing these issues, please let Half.com support know about it. Also, please let us know at xxx so that we can keep track of how many sellers are affected.

Thank you.
--
FillZ
Another quality eBay company.
The "off by as much as 100%" kind of made me chuckle (it was either laugh or cry) Smile ...it might explain our  lack of sales there this year too.