TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How about a review?? THANKS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I have been working on it for 3 weeks. I think I have had my first real sale (the first was a sale from another Shoppal owner). She is paying by check so we'll see. If she pays I can officially say I sold more from my web site than I did on eBay last week  ;D

I would like a review by peers on this forum if anyone has time: www.decorativedishes.net

I have applied for a merchant account so will be adding that soon.

I also want to add some mailing list feature but I don't know how to do that. I asked a question here: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...577.0.html but I don't know if anyone saw it or maybe no one has any advice. Thanks in advance. Kim
I think it looks good.

One thing I noticed is that even when I added an item to the cart it doesn't tell me how much shipping is (www.onepreciousplace.us is the same so it must be a shoppal thing) .  It might help if either in the item description or on the '"about us"/"buy with confidence" page you said something about your shipping rates because a lot of people will abandon carts if they don't know the shipping (or have a rough estimate of it) before checking out. You could also add something about your return policy, etc. to the "confidence" page. (The Fr_k's about us page is a good example http://www.frik-n-frak.com/infopage.asp?page=10 )

EDIT: I answered the email question on the other topic.  If you need an email list provider I'll hunt around.  I think Chris (cakeen on eBay) had been using one last year that was very reasonably priced.
Hi Kim

The site looks really nice.  I love the colors you used also  Wink

If your looking for a free mailing list for your newsletter you can always use a bravenet one.  I used them when I first started out on my other site and it worked just fine.

I agree with BBH about the shipping.  People want to know what its going to cost them and not be surprised.  It will definately cut down on those abandoned carts.

Great job with the site and good luck with it

Angel  Angel7
Very nice!  Smile Easy to navigate and find things.  Other than what BBear and Angel had to say, why not move the menu button for *ebay listings* to the bottom, instead of planting it at the top?  Why send buyers away from your web site? ...  Smile
Thanks for taking the time to look. Notworthy

I am worried about the shipping thing  Icon_scratch. It makes my head hurt, but it is crucial. I have been playing around with options in my mind. The trouble is that my stuff is so heavy that the fees can vary wildly for the same weight to different areas. Most people buy more than one thing so how would they know the total weight? Shoppal does calulate it once you put in your zip code, but it is too far into the check-out process to be effective for re-assuring shoppers. Frik's page is a great suggestion to study. I will check it out.

Thanks so much for all the great info on this forum!  Icon_thumright Kim

P.S. Thanks Angel!! I will check out Bravenet. Walk

P.P.S. eBay button??? AAAACKK. I don't want that. I am just playing around with their module and I didn't notice they added that. I am getting that off there completely. THANKS~!
Quote:P.P.S. eBay button??? AAAACKK. I don't want that. I am just playing around with their module and I didn't notice they added that. I am getting that off there completely. THANKS~!

Happy001 Happy001
Auctioninc has a free calculator and another for $9.95 quarterly.  It can combine shipping. http://www.auctioninc.com/info/page/ecommerce_pricing

Quote:The Paid ShipCalc is a shipping calculator that provides the most comprehensive shipping calculations available today. You can use this tool anywhere on the Internet, including your website, web store, or even classified listing. Shoppers can then choose from the shipping methods you offer along with the ability to combine shipping, include your flexible handling charges, and calculate insurance and taxes if necessary. Shipping is no longer a burden to the bottom line but an asset to growing your business.
Quote:A highly flexible shipping calculator that integrates shipping, handling, taxes, and insurance. It can be inserted into any web page, by just pasting in just a few lines of HTML. It provides rates for 25 domestic shipping services from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
I don't collect dishes or know anything about them.  Your site looks so nice, I'm considering a purchase!!!